Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

need some help guys ran into some problems need your opinion

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2008, 06:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need some help guys ran into some problems need your opinion

ok guys well here is the deal, i absolutely love my evo and as some of you may have read on here i recently had one of those random engine failures with the rod bolt and im having to buy a new motor now after i just bought the new clutch set up and over 3k in go parts, ive just recently had some even worse things come up financially than my motor blowing and i may be forced to sell my baby,

im stuck in a bad spot because i owe around 22k on my car still because i had to over finance and i now have and 8k personal loan to pay for the recent build up of the car, so what i need to know from you guys is realistically how much you guys think my car is worth, if im forced to sell it ill need to get as much as possible to try to aleviate the 30k of debt i now have but i dont wanna try to overprice my car.

here is the details of my evo:
apex silver 03 evo viii with 27,000 miles
-built ams 2.3l stroker motor-brand new will be installed over the next month 0 mile
-act xtreme cluth with street light flywheel-only 300 miles not even broke in
ALL the below parts have around 500 miles on them
-gsc 264 cams
-snow performace meth injection
-injen upper and lower icp and intake kit
-turbo xs fmic
-defi boost guage
-aem wideband afr
-hallman boost control
-ngk spark plugs
-walbro 255 fuel pump
these parts have around 10k on them
-ix turbo-less than 10k no shaft play
-ported 02 housing
-tbe

-brand new cf trunk
-siebon cf hood

i think thats it as far as mods, car is in perfect shape and will be very reliable once built motor is installed with the new clutch setup. no dents or dings and very very few scratches, car is near flawless and interior is perfect, please help me out on what you guys think my car would be worth if i have to sell it, ive gotta try to get rid of as much of that 30k as possible but i know its not worth that much, thanks alot guys-travis
Old Jan 19, 2008, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

well if ur just going to get rid of it, dont be a fool and get it stroked. just find sum1 with a used shortblock. As far as the other debt, just part the ***** out and be done with it.
Old Jan 19, 2008, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

I agree buy a junk yard motor and sell the AMS stoker motor will get more for it than it in the car. Then for the car itself sell the parts that you can remove if you have stock parts. You usually will get more for them seperatly than on the car. Best of luck hope you dont have to end up selling it and maybe win the lottery or something.
Old Jan 19, 2008, 10:15 PM
Evolving Member

i hope so im so confused right now i wanna keep it, i dont know maybe it will work out