Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Crash!!!! Rim Damage Need Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2008, 08:05 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crash!!!! Rim Damage Need Help!!!!

Horrible morning to start off!!!!!!!!......so im on my way to work driving down the far right lane, i have warehouse on my right a semi truck in front and some idiot next to me. To cut the story short the idiot next to me decide he missed the warehouse he has to get into so he rushes to turn in and doesnt see me, i honk and honk but he doesnt hear it and im forced to get on the sidewalk messing up both right side rims big time. Luckily nothing else happened even though i ended up under the semi truck because as i climbed the sidewalk he was making a right as well to go into a warehouse so my whole front ended under the actual trailer. Gay part is i wasnt able to get the license plat of the A**H*** because he ran off and i was under the semi....... ok so my main question is if i call insurance and claim this would i get just the two damaged rims replaced or would they give me a whole new set of rims based on the price they think the rims i have now arw worth???/ thanks for taking your time to read this.....and as for the A**H****.... i hope he gets what he deserves.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 08:09 AM
Evolving Member

Sorry to hear that buddy. My friend got hit and run in his WRX the other day and he was livid (for good reason of course). I would call your insurance company and talk to them to see what should be done. Considering your rims aren't going to be cheap, your insurance might cover them depending on your deductibles. Hopefully everything works out for you
Old Jan 30, 2008, 08:16 AM
Account Disabled

thanks man appreciate.....do you think they will replace just thw two rims or change all four??? either way im going to call insurance during my lunch break
Old Jan 30, 2008, 08:17 AM
Evolving Member

They will just replace the ones that have been damaged. Make sure your control arms and all that are ok as well... Try and drive it without holding the wheel, I'm going to bet its going to turn to the right now,alignment is probably jacked up too.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
if anything i got two stock rims im trying to sell in the northwest section, save you a lil cash if you cant get anythign from your insurance ro wanna save some of the cash they give you
Account Disabled

havent tried it yet i was such in a hurry for work because im the warehouse manager and if im not there it doesnt open because i have the keys so i completely forgot but as far as i remember it wasnt pulling in any direction. i hit the curb going like 40-45 so i dont think it was dat bad
Evolving Member

hopefully all four. only rim damage right? you said you ended up UNDER the trailer>? wow. good luck with that.
Evolving Member

ugh SAME EFFIN THING happened to me the day i picked my car up from buschur. some wench came into my lane i honked she kept comin i swerved to avoid her n hit a curb jackin up my front right rim. and left fender. sorry dude i know how u feel. but id say turn it in ull prolly get an estimated value which may not even be enought for two new rims, but cant hurt to try. i wish u well w that
Evolving Member

man that sucks, i had a similiar situation happen to me on my eclipse, tractor trailer last minute turn forced me against a wall and damaged my whole passenger side.. Not to bud in on your forum but im selling powdercoated stockers cheap 250+shipping from up in ct.. it would run you around 350 for the 4... Best of luck with the insurance!
Old Jan 30, 2008, 08:22 AM
Evolving Member

oh and definately push for money for2 new rims, alignment,wheelbalancing, tire inspection, tie rods and inspection underneath. You definately want to make sure theres no other serious issues
Old Jan 30, 2008, 08:28 AM
Account Disabled

thanks for all your input guys....feel some what calm now....A**H****'s now a days i tell you.....you think they would really pay for alignment,balancing<tie rod check, etc????
Old Jan 30, 2008, 08:37 AM
Account Disabled

oh and another problem theyre enkies that i bought last year so they are discontinued so regardless im going to need a new set of wheels :-(
Old Jan 30, 2008, 08:55 AM
Account Disabled

Any Other Inputs????
Old Jan 30, 2008, 09:00 AM
Evolved Member

The next time you have to swerve to avoid someone like this, be sure that once your rims are making contact with the curb, that you swerve back and make contact with the asshat's car. That way, the collision isn't your fault. See, you swerved to avoid the other car who was improperly changing lanes, and then when you hit the curb, it bounced you back in to his car.

Also, if you know where he was going (warehouse) then is it possible that he'll be going there again? I smell a steakout!
Old Jan 30, 2008, 09:46 AM
Account Disabled

lmao good one.....i needed a laugh out of this....but w/e i called the insurance agency and i have an appointment tomorrow to get it evaluated....sucky part is i have a $500 deductible

Quick Reply: Crash!!!! Rim Damage Need Help!!!!