Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

The effects of street racing...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2008, 10:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with everyone else completly street racing can be stupid and irresponsible. However imo the real idiot was the guy in the white sedan, What kind of idiot doesn't see that many people or doesn't have their lights on at this time in the morning. I can't stand the media blaming only the racers not the genius in the white car who shouldn't even be anywhere near a vehicle with that kind of poor vision/sense/lack of any intelligence at all.<<end rant
Old Feb 17, 2008, 10:33 PM
Evolved Member

Why where they watching a caprice if the first place? Kinda sounds like a single street race with normal cars not tuners. Either way still sucks.
Old Feb 17, 2008, 11:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by red evo8
Why where they watching a caprice if the first place? Kinda sounds like a single street race with normal cars not tuners. Either way still sucks.
They weren't watching the "caprice" which i think is actually a crown vic. That is the car that ran into the crowd who were watching some other cars racing. you seem a little confused

Last edited by gixxer6; Feb 17, 2008 at 11:29 PM.
Old Feb 17, 2008, 11:29 PM
Evolved Member

the whole thing is a big mess... why was the vic's headlights off? in the little graph they show, the cars didn't seem to be anywhere near the people either..whatta cluster funk lol
Old Feb 17, 2008, 11:50 PM
Evolving Member

Some of you people actually need to read the article. The people that died were killed by a negligent and likely inebriated driver in a white caprice, who was speeding down a highway at 3:40am without his headlights on.

The fact that they were spectators of a street race is just a coincidence, and has absolutely nothing at all to do with the fact that they are now dead.

The victims could just as well have been a family with a broken down car.
Old Feb 17, 2008, 11:55 PM
Evolved Member

actually.. in most states you can get fined or arrested for spectating street racing.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 12:37 AM
Evolving Member

What's your point?

Jaywalking is still illegal in most states, but if you shoot one of them in the face with a revolver, you're still guilty of murder.

My point is that it could've just as easily been some stranded family on a road trip or whatever, getting annihilated by the irresponsible driver of the caprice.

I am not, in any way, condoning street racing. Hopefully they throw the book at the driver of the caprice for manslaughter.

But if he just kills himself out of guilt, that's ok too. Maybe next time he'll have his lights on when he drives in pitch black.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 12:55 AM

man that really sux.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 01:47 AM
Evolving Member

If you see at picture # 5 it shows the the caprice makes a sharp turn into the crowd which wasn't standing in the road but on the side. This article heading should've been...."Idiot driver kills 8 people"...Don't get me wrong i'm 100% against illegal street racing. I hope this picture clears all espaculations on what really happened. This sounds like Quentin Tarantino’s movie “Death Proof”.

Last edited by RickU; Feb 18, 2008 at 02:01 AM.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 06:24 AM
Evolving Member

Well of all things, street racing is illegal...we all know this.

But think of this...how do you not see random cars on a STRAIGHT stretch of road. Keep in mind that there must've been over 30-40 people standing around...I am sure, they didn't just walk there. Someone must've had their blinkers or parking lights on, becoming visible to the oncoming driver.

So the street racers are guilty of street racing and doing a burnout....but what BURNOUT covers a stretch of highway that nothing becomes visible...are they running slicks that they have to do a burnout of such extent?

White caprice? No headlights? Veering the vehicle to the right...and right into the public....maybe he fell asleep and paniced when he saw the smoke and thought it was an accident and tried to steer away from the smoke...but normally wouldn't you just brake straight and once you see an object, steer away from it?

I don't pretend to drive perfect but instincts are instincts. I see fog and the first thing I do is look into my rearview and brake like a motha...last thing i want is to get rearended by the driver behind me. Never would i think of...."$#!*, Smoke(fog) let me just steer to my right...and head straight into the DITCH"

I am deeply sorry for the family of all the victims. Losing anyone is difficult, especially under unexpected circumstances.

Miguel
Old Feb 18, 2008, 06:25 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is why I stopped going since 2005! Too many tickets and a lot of BS!
Old Feb 18, 2008, 09:32 AM
Evolving Member

WTF that crown vic drives with no-headlights into a cloud of smoke full speed at 3:40am with tons of cars parked on the side of the road???????

I call that driver was drunk.

What a twisted article title.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

Track is where its at.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

I agree it is more the fault of the Crown Vic driver. His vehicle did kill people. Not the "street ricers."

This reminds me of an incident not long ago where a motorcycle was doing a wheelie at night and was struck head-on by a car. The driver of the other vehicle claimed to not see the lights of the motorcycle but he did cross into his lane.

Ohh yeah almost forgot to add: Don't street race.

Last edited by Burklow; Feb 18, 2008 at 09:48 AM.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 09:54 AM
Evolving Member

actually it wasn't the street racers fault it was some person not paying attention and hit the crowed ............

Quick Reply: The effects of street racing...