Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

The effects of street racing...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2008, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
True, thats what im trying to say, something is fishy.

lights off?
poor visibility?
speeding?

comon' do they say who was the driver of crown victoria? I dont think so.

Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83
Wrong. Even if the tire smoke was so thick that you can't see through it, a driver is not supposed to do anything that conditions don't permit. If it's raining or if there's traffic, you should drive below the speed limit. If there is a fire or tire smoke on the road, don't charge through it at highway speeds.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 08:39 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They haven't said it, but I seriously doubt that it wouldn't be known yet if that was an unmarked squad. There were lots of people there, plenty to look in the car and see the a computer, radio equipment, rear light bars. . . notifying features of a squad car and then later report it to the news media.

In addition to that I thought I read elsewhere that the driver of the vic was 20?
Old Feb 19, 2008, 08:54 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The bottom line is, had those people that got hit been out there for any other reason aside from being spectators during some street racing, the focus of all these news stories would be on the driver of the Crown Vic and what kind of person they were and what might have caused them to plow into a crowd of people.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by tweakdsm
True, thats what im trying to say, something is fishy.

lights off?
poor visibility?
speeding?

comon' do they say who was the driver of crown victoria? I dont think so.
The thing is, even if it were an undercover cop in an unmarked car, they are trained to take certain safety precautions. It's not hard to catch up to street racers on a straight open road, so I don't think that a cop would be gunning it so soon in such a manner. (I've been inside a highway patrol car as we clocked a guy doing 90 while we were on the side of a freeway, then we chased the guy down and caught up to him in a relatively short time, and that was with a lot of cars on the freeway.) I'm not saying that cops never make mistakes, but I'm not sure if a law enforcement officer, no matter what agency, would've been so careless to drive through a group of people, even with their lights off. But then again, it's still a possibility that I'm not writing off. It was actually an interesting theory, but unless reports surface of the car actually being an unmarked law enforcement vehicle (though obviously the agency would try to bury that fact) or if there are accounts of people seeing things inside of it that are in police cars (lights in the A-pillars, 12-gauge shotgun and/or AR-15 assault rifle locked securely, radio, computer, etc.) or if there are pictures of it bearing state-exempt license plates, then we can't assume it was a cop just because it was a white Crown Vic.