Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I need help diagnosing a problem

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2008, 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need help diagnosing a problem

A few days ago when i was driving i started noticing that when i turn my wheel it sounds like a rock is hitting my windshield. And some of you may say that it is just rocks hitting your windshield but every time i turn the wheel it does that noise so does anyone have input?
Old Jun 28, 2008, 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
it may sound stupid but are u sure its not just the tires kicking up rocks/road debris? I know that was an adjustment for me when I started driving the evo. Never driven a car with sticky tires so its always kicking up crap and all I hear is it hitting the wheelwells. But when I do turn, i get the most random sounds like rocks hitting the roof sometimes even getting hit inside if my windows are all the way down.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well i would agree with you but it just started doing it a few days ago i've had the car for 3 months and i have never heard that until a few days ago
Old Jun 28, 2008, 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
thats odd my car has done it ever since i got the car. Are you on the stock advans? I think once I switch tires, it may not do this as much.