Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

X Games Evo flips end over end (video)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2008, 12:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blame the driver thats 2 years he in a row he fails to jump. And well its a evo 8 so that explains it. EVO X FTMFW!!!!!!!!! haha
Old Aug 4, 2008, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
At least he landed on all four tires.

Okay so that is after the end over end flip but still a landing.
Glad the driver only has an injured ego.

Raist
Old Aug 4, 2008, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

had he had Vortex Generators on that sum-bish, it would have surely made the jump... maybe even done a 1080 mc-twist ta boot.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

nooooooooooooooooo the evo let me down!!
Old Aug 4, 2008, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cloudy
Evos just fail on jumps.. simple as that.
Wish they would just take them out already.. Kinda stupid to have them in there. Not really needed.. And thats the only reasons STi's even win. STi's seem to just float on jumps where Evos go nose first.
His issue was not being nose heavy, he just was not going fast enough for the jump.

They were saying on the broadcast that the new STis are actually the worst of the cars in terms of being nose heavy.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by xXEvilMRxX
Blame the driver thats 2 years he in a row he fails to jump. And well its a evo 8 so that explains it. EVO X FTMFW!!!!!!!!! haha
if it was an evo X it would be so heavy it woud just go off the end of the ramp and drop straight down.... maybe his navigation could help him through the course too
Old Aug 4, 2008, 06:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Tristar Racing
His issue was not being nose heavy, he just was not going fast enough for the jump.

They were saying on the broadcast that the new STis are actually the worst of the cars in terms of being nose heavy.
Seriously, the two 08's there were Pastrana and I believe Ken Block. Pastrana ended up winning but Block in one of the earlier races went over the jump and you could see how nose heavy it was, it landed on the front end and I can't believe it still went after that, that fmic, radiator, etc had to take a huge beating.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 09:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tristar Racing

I guess I should of clarified. I dont count those new Ford Focus looking wagons as being STi's... 2007 and under models are muuuch more evenly weight distributed. Thats why whenever you see an STi go off a jump, they just soar threw the air like the prissy *****es they are.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cloudy
Evos just fail on jumps.. simple as that.
Wish they would just take them out already.. Kinda stupid to have them in there. Not really needed.. And thats the only reasons STi's even win. STi's seem to just float on jumps where Evos go nose first.
He didn't give it enough throttle and landed short. Nothing to do with the car.
An STI nose-dove off the jump (The DC shoe guy), and the commentators spoke about the STI being nose heavy. The Evo looked to have been fine if the driver would've gave a little gas.

Last edited by fastkevin; Aug 4, 2008 at 09:25 PM.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 09:33 PM

agree he needed to go faster. if the backend would have cleared he would have been fine
Old Aug 4, 2008, 10:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8yGXFrAcF4

Better vid, including interior view.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 04:27 AM

stis are set up betterin terms if things like that.
also if you were to ever take a sti drifting would succeed and most likely beat a evo.
oh well we still win in the straight line
Old Aug 5, 2008, 06:40 AM
Evolved Member

he was to scared to do it. he didnt even try in practice. it is 100% the driver. if your to scared dont do it. when they said he wouldnt do it in practice cuz he was scared from last year i knew he was going to biff it
Old Aug 5, 2008, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Draven83
he was to scared to do it. he didnt even try in practice. it is 100% the driver. if your to scared dont do it. when they said he wouldnt do it in practice cuz he was scared from last year i knew he was going to biff it
He was scared to do it? To me, the rest of the course provides much more of a challenge. Going off that jump is pure physics. Hit it at a certain speed (which can be calculated beforehand, unless your Ken Block who almost always over shoots the jump due to his "calculations") and you make the jump.

I would give it a try, although not in a street car.

Originally Posted by EvoJoeIX
if it was an evo X it would be so heavy it woud just go off the end of the ramp and drop straight down.... maybe his navigation could help him through the course too
Um yea, well said... Oh wait, no it wasnt.

Originally Posted by Moevo8
stis are set up betterin terms if things like that.
also if you were to ever take a sti drifting would succeed and most likely beat a evo.
oh well we still win in the straight line
Hmm, neither car is built for a straight line. I think the Evo could be competitive in the US like it is in other countries for rallying. The problem is Subaru gives money and tech support to US rally teams, as where Mitsu gives nothing. Mitsu entered US rally the first year the Evo came out in the US (03), ran very well, and immediately left. What would you do? Run a car that many others run where you get money and parts from the manufacturer, or run a car no one else runs from a company that offers no support?

I think the Mitsu could definately be a force if it had a Subaru style support program. But we all know that will not happen.

Last edited by Tristar; Aug 5, 2008 at 07:51 AM.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
At the end is that him trying to restart the car but it wouldn't turn over? He's sitting there like...hmmm, can I go now? hehe

Quick Reply: X Games Evo flips end over end (video)