Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

who has been tuned by buschur racing?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2008, 12:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
who has been tuned by buschur racing?

I am looking to set up an appointment at buschur to have my car tuned this october. I have only heard awesome things about the cars they build. I am wondering has anyone had their non-buschur built cars tuned/ flashed there? I know for their built cars they use the aem ems, but I dont have a standalone, just the good ol stock ecu and maf. I am curious what can I expect power wise, and cost wise for dyno time. I already have a tune, but I just put on a different bov (vta) and will be putting an egay intercooler on to see if I pick up any power. Any one have experiance with their services?
Old Sep 15, 2008, 12:24 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I believe Al w/ Dynoflash is the guy who will be tuning that car at Buschur's.. He is very good W/ Flashes.. He did my EVO X and it is running 10x better than w/o the tune.. That was just an email tune.. Youll be getting a custom tune which is much better... Good luck..
Old Sep 15, 2008, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

You won't be disappointed they do great work and their rep shows for it.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 12:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
I believe Al w/ Dynoflash is the guy who will be tuning that car at Buschur's.. He is very good W/ Flashes.. He did my EVO X and it is running 10x better than w/o the tune.. That was just an email tune.. Youll be getting a custom tune which is much better... Good luck..
I thought he was going to be there at the end of this month? Would you recommend I get tuned by him when he is at buschur so i will have free mail in flashes for life, or have the buschur boys do it?
Old Sep 15, 2008, 12:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by slvevo8
I thought he was going to be there at the end of this month? Would you recommend I get tuned by him when he is at buschur so i will have free mail in flashes for life, or have the buschur boys do it?

I am not sure.. You need to talk to BR on that.. As far as i know AL does most the flashing at BR.. On very few ocassions dave flashes cars..
Old Sep 15, 2008, 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
I do the flashing here about 90% of the time here now. Al use to make regular trips here back when the flashing business was good. Now that most people do their own flashing he doesn't come here very often.

If you come here more than likely I will be the one tuning your car.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 108 Likes on 86 Posts
Dave is an amazing tuner, he tuned my power fc d-jetro right in with no reliability issues. Have him do it! Thats who im taking my new and improved street monster to.. I have almost everything buschur, i back there parts, r*d, knowledge, and dave's ability to tune any evo..
Old Sep 15, 2008, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
I do the flashing here about 90% of the time here now. Al use to make regular trips here back when the flashing business was good. Now that most people do their own flashing he doesn't come here very often.

Cool to hear your tuning more stock Ecu's lately. Do you enjoy them any more the more you work with them?
Old Sep 15, 2008, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

I think Dave is mostly known for his stand alone tuning, but I'm sure he does a great ecu flash as well. I don't know anything about tuning engine management systems, but I'd think the stock ECU would be the easiest of them all to tune.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 01:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
My car had an Al tune on it when I bought it (it was done at Buschur) and I was not impressed. I would be more than willing to let Dave do the tune/flash though.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

Another bash Al thread... No reason to back him up, but I will say this... No cars that he's tuned have blown up yet. He was the first tuner to tune the stock ECU and he was not fortunate enough to have a great program like ECU flash. He used an ancient hexadecimal program which got the job done. Power was made. And I assure you that he would never let a car go knocking above a rare 1-3 count.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 01:35 PM
Former Sponsor

I stand corrected.. Makes sense..
Old Sep 15, 2008, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Thegame
Another bash Al thread... No reason to back him up, but I will say this... No cars that he's tuned have blown up yet. He was the first tuner to tune the stock ECU and he was not fortunate enough to have a great program like ECU flash. He used an ancient hexadecimal program which got the job done. Power was made. And I assure you that he would never let a car go knocking above a rare 1-3 count.
Yea, ok.

On the other note, you will be happy with what Dave has to offer
Old Sep 15, 2008, 02:01 PM
Evolving Member

Well I look foward to it, I hear great things about your shop. I have tons of buschur parts on the evo already from the previous owner, and they seem top notch. I am wondering how much is this going to run me? I called you guys last week, and was told about Al coming up in two weeks. I said I would be up some time mid-late october and would call closer to then to set up an appointment. I have a tune already, but I added some new crap, and want a better one ie: better drivability, more power.