Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Can you remove the rails and sliders from Recaro's?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2008, 07:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can you remove the rails and sliders from Recaro's?

kind of seems like a silly question but, iv been looking around on how to mount some oem evo9 recaro's in my ITR, and people on this honda board i go on are saying that you cant completly remove the rails and sliders from the bottom of the seats, they said you can remove the mount tabs, but the sliders stay connected

is this true can you not remove everything from under the stock recaro's, as to where its just the bare flat bottom of the recaro with no brackets, no sliders nothing?

id really appreciate some confirmation, iv sold my other recaro's, and am getting ready to buy some new seats, and want to buy evo9 se seats , and want to be sure i can remove all evo brackets, and the seat bottom is flat so i can make my own custom rails

thanks
Old Sep 28, 2008, 03:06 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You might have been able to mount the OE ITR brackets to the Evo Recaro seats. They don't reinvent the wheel every time they provide seats for a manufacturer. I just lowered my OE Evo Recaros 1.5" by deleting the OE mounting brackets with some offered by one of the vendors here. The sliders stay, and removing the mounting brackets are a one bolt affair at each corner.

I'm almost bet the ranch that if you had kept your brackets, you could have bolted the Evo seats right in your ITR. If not, probably only required drilling new holes in the ITR brackets.
Old Sep 28, 2008, 06:44 PM

I doubt very much that the evo recaro brackets would bolt right up to the ITR. Every manufacturer uses a different way of mounting the seats. Hence all the different brackets available.

I believe you can remove the sliders from the Evo recaros, but there's no need, just get whatever bracket you need for the ITR, the Evo sliders will bolt to those.
Old Sep 29, 2008, 04:42 PM

i dont want to use any rails or sliders, i want to mount the seat as low as possible, so ill be making some brackets to mount straght on the floor
Old Sep 30, 2008, 06:56 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DocWyte
I doubt very much that the evo recaro brackets would bolt right up to the ITR. Every manufacturer uses a different way of mounting the seats. Hence all the different brackets available.

I believe you can remove the sliders from the Evo recaros, but there's no need, just get whatever bracket you need for the ITR, the Evo sliders will bolt to those.
Is that not what I just freakin' said? ITR brackets to Evo sliders?