Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Mits is Turnin Into a Freakin Joke with Warranty

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2003, 10:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They didn't even mention an extended warranty when I bought mine.

When I had the recall taken care of I told them to tell the tech not to leave the car in gear, b/c on my TT. The service manager goes "Is there anything else we need to know about", and I told him "What, do think I'm gonna hang myself".
Old Sep 4, 2003, 04:36 AM
Evolved Member

not to **** off the guy who started this post, but i dropped off my EVO to have the 5th gear and all related parts replaced two days ago and they are covering the entire thing on warrenty. my car is definately modified too. they told me that they contacted a rep over the phone and he made his decision imediatly and said to replace 5th gear and all related parts.
Old Sep 4, 2003, 04:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Rez90
not to **** off the guy who started this post, but i dropped off my EVO to have the 5th gear and all related parts replaced two days ago and they are covering the entire thing on warrenty. my car is definately modified too. they told me that they contacted a rep over the phone and he made his decision imediatly and said to replace 5th gear and all related parts.

That doesn't **** me off at all. I am totally aware that there are good dealers out there but they seem to be few and far between. Congrats on being lucky enough to have a good dealer to work with.
Old Sep 4, 2003, 07:49 AM
Evolving Member

I had the exact same problem on my car and was first denied warranty service at Walker Mitsubishi in Renton. They claimed that they saw my car at the track (apparently, they send "spies" out there to do this). Took my car to Bellevue Mitsubishi and they took care of it. Even after inspection by the regional rep, they found no sign of abuse and they did see (and like) my turbo-back exhaust.
Old Sep 4, 2003, 08:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by jman425
I had the exact same problem on my car and was first denied warranty service at Walker Mitsubishi in Renton. They claimed that they saw my car at the track (apparently, they send "spies" out there to do this). Took my car to Bellevue Mitsubishi and they took care of it. Even after inspection by the regional rep, they found no sign of abuse and they did see (and like) my turbo-back exhaust.
Well I hope I have the same good fortune that you did. The problem I see, however, is that the district rep has to see the clutch and make the determination so even if I go to the dealer on the other side of town, I am going to get the same district rep looking at the car.
Old Sep 4, 2003, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

two things...

1. i might be getting a job very soon as a service writer for a chevy/mitsubishi dealer in maryland. if i do, i will definitely let everyone here know who to bring it to.

2. regardless, we should start a list of not only the dealers that honor our warranty as they should, but the name of the service writer you deal with. i have a great service guy here in orlando, and he seems to be very honest and never said anything about my mods, other than they look great.
Old Sep 4, 2003, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

Hey Bidness, sorry to hear about your 5th gear prob. That dealer is full of crap.
There have been several other threads regarding crap Dealers and idiot district reps. Simply don't give up.
Realize that you're dealing with the Dealership, not corporate .
Make sure you get names and phone numbers, then call or write to the head office stating your case and experience.
The head office is more focused on the customer, while the warranty department is focused on loss reduction (this creates a conflict of interest that is VERY common throughout the auto industry, go to the Subie, 350Z etc forums for a reality check).

Also, the bashing is really infantile. All makes have bad dealerships, all makes have problems with each and everyone of their models.
I understand that when you plunk down 30 grand you want quality service and that a good number of you have been dissapointed. Again, that's a Dealership issue.
As mentioned in other threads, has sold several thousand EVO's in the U.S., there are only a handful of owners that have had serious (legitimate) problems NOT caused by them.

Finally, I've lived in Asia, Europe and the U.S. and have driven and owned a ridiculous amount of cars (well over 4 dozen ranging from Audi RS4 (Euro-spec) to Toyota Supra TT (Euro-spec)). I guarantee you, quality is not crap by any standards, though it's not stellar either. VW is a joke in comparison, BMW only recently improved (my '89 325 needed work constantly).

Sorry for the long post.
Old Sep 4, 2003, 09:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
what i dont understand is alot of people here on evoM. is asumming only a small amount of evo owner is having problem with their clutch. i hear,see, and been reading many post about this problem. I know more then 20 peeps who reads this forum has,or have had clutchs going out under 10k miles.
that seems like a small %. But.. did anyone spoted to think. not every EVO owner read or even know about this forum. There is over 3000 EVO out there. How many people that own a EVO really speak out at all on this forum? Lets say 300ish?10% of the owners. if we put this in %age , if my math isnt wroung. I wuold say 200+ EVOs have bad clutchs. I dont know about you guys but 200 is alot to me.

Last edited by thuan; Sep 4, 2003 at 09:51 AM.
Old Sep 4, 2003, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

200 is a lot (and i'm sure its much higher than that) considering the evo is a limited production vehicle. we all need to just get out the pen and paper, and write letters to mitsu with not only our problems, but what we really like. you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.
Old Sep 4, 2003, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

I think writing letters is a very constructive idea, as long as the letters are professional and intelligent.
Guessing at how many EVO's how clutch problems is just that, a guess and not really relevant. By far more relevant is each individual experience, the dealer involved, the district rep involved and the desired resolution (make it realistic please).
Old Sep 4, 2003, 11:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by evomk8
I think writing letters is a very constructive idea, as long as the letters are professional and intelligent.
Guessing at how many EVO's how clutch problems is just that, a guess and not really relevant. By far more relevant is each individual experience, the dealer involved, the district rep involved and the desired resolution (make it realistic please).

I agree...maybe a few of us could work together to devise a general letter that I can host on a website that is already preaddressed and everything. That way someone with a problem, can download the word file, write in their complaint and then sign their name. That way the format of the letter will be appropriate for business use and we dont look like children.

Anyone else think this is a good idea?
Old Sep 4, 2003, 12:10 PM
Evolving Member

Ok I went ahead and took some action on this...please see my thread entitled: "Those interested in Taking Action Against Warranty Issues"
Old Sep 4, 2003, 06:20 PM

Kevin, its ashamed you are still a moron.

Its funny to see you trying your best to be center of attention again........like your new attempt here to help out these guys with the warranty gig. I will go ahead and let this board now that you are going to fail, and fail miserably......just like you have done so many times in your life. Give it a rest man, you need to get off the computer and step into the real world.

You have bounced from manufacturer to manufcaturer, and expect every vehicle you own to be perfect....... despite what you put it through. And why would you post about running at the track online when you are crying about warranty work?

And hmmm, I think you made about 10 or so passes at least on that night. What was the first pass you made? Oh yeah.........check out my user name.

Your cars are like alot of other things you get your hands on........somehow you always seem to screw something up; Your transmission in the NEW Evo, Triangle Motorsports Car Club, Carolina Love Muscle Car Club, friendships with MANY people whom one time called you a "friend".....the list goes on (have you know, your former TMS crew has no love for you AT ALL).

You do not deserve the car you are driving. You would fit a little better in a Pontiac Aztek, its more of your styling.

It will probably come down to you having to rub one out for the service manager to get your car covered, and I am sure you will do so gladly. Once you get it fixed, hopefully we will see you at Fayetteville again, doing a little better than some low 20's.

See you soon,

Love Darren
Old Sep 4, 2003, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
anyways...
Old Sep 4, 2003, 08:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Thoe99
anyways...

Yea really...