Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: Evo IX MR or S2000 ?
IX MR SE
88.70%
S2000
1.74%
forget both and start saving for a porsche
9.57%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

SHOULD I? Evo IX MR trade for an S2000 ???

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2008, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SHOULD I? Evo IX MR trade for an S2000 ???

A guy in the building next to mine has a 2008 S2000. beautiful yellow, 6k miles.

We saw each other in the garage, and spoke, and at some point he laughingly asked if I would consider an even trade for my IX MR SE. Turned out he was serious.... My answer was definitely No. I love the S2000, and his car is 2 years newer than mine, but my car is more rare, better performing, and a lot more useful (not that i need a back seat or trunk, cause i have other cars in the household).

But what do you think, theoretically would it be a good idea? would it be an even trade, considering that prices on Evos have dropped significantly in the last few months?
Attached Thumbnails SHOULD I? Evo IX MR trade for an S2000 ???-pl00595.jpg   SHOULD I? Evo IX MR trade for an S2000 ???-pl00599.jpg  
Old Nov 20, 2008, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
You will miss the boost....
Old Nov 20, 2008, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

boost all day.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i just recently sold my S2000 and got a Evo 8. Best decision I ever made car wise. AWD n Boost, you cant go wrong. The S is cool, great handles and convertable. But the Evo handles just as well. So the only thing you are missing is from the S is having the convertible. And other than Summer its useless. I say Evo all day. It is a lot more fun.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 01:36 PM
Evolving Member

oh wow... i can see the 100000 "My Regrets" threads that you will be starting... stick with the real AWD go-kart...

Maybe some test drives are in order?
Old Nov 20, 2008, 01:52 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
you are the one millionth person to ask this question

answer: evo>s2000 in 99.9% of applicable situations

minus shifter feel and warranty
Old Nov 20, 2008, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

I'm disappointed in everyone, especially Chaotichoax.

Maybe that's because I owned an S for 2 years, and an Evo for 3.

If the Evo is your "fun" car (and from your list of cars you have plenty good other cars) then I would trade for the S instantly. Not sure if it is an even trade, you may have more value than he does, but if he gave you cash for your's, I'd do it in an instance. If I could've had an S here (weather is ****, and I only have one car) I would've bought another one. The first one I had when at home still, so I could borrow mom's car or go borrow my grandpa's truck.

No where near as fast as a stock Evo in a straight line. And even if it couldn't keep up in corners (which, an '08 may be able to, or at least wouldn't fall behind badly, it's the AP1s that weren't all that great handling stock) it would be much more fun to drive. Plus you could drop the top and listen to the vtec (imo better sounding than a turbo, especially when it has a turbo on it ).

I only had the S 2 years, but my dad bought it after when I got the Evo, and turned it into a track car, so I still got to drive it. Between the two cars: the Evo is more practical, and usually faster. The S2000, loads more fun to drive. With your list of cars (and only being able to afford something around that level) I'd get the S.

I voted for save for a Porsche though, for obvious reasons Really, if I had another DD for bad weather, I'd probably have gotten a C6 though.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

Usually it's the other way around...S2K owners trading them in for Evo's. Just be sure to direct your neighbor to EvoM once he gets your Evo so he can make his "I just traded my S2K for a IX!!!" thread.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 02:15 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by UT_Evo
I'm disappointed in everyone, especially Chaotichoax.
I fail =[

I've driven a S and I didn't think it was that cool. It's tiny and just didn't do it for me. I have nothing against the car but I certainly would never EVER consider trading my evo for one.

Hey, that's why we all have opinions.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 02:29 PM
Evolving Member

absolutely not. i suspect you knew you wouldn't be happy with the decision. s2k's are fun, but nowhere as fun as the evo.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 02:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would also have to stick with the Evo. My best friend has a S2K and its fun and all, but I could never give up boost for VTEC or convertible.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i have nothing against the S either, wouldn't mind having one but sorry evo>s all day. Boost> vtec
Old Nov 20, 2008, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by chaotichoax
I fail =[
I was just kidding.

IMO the S is way more fun to drive. And once you put some FI on it, it becomes an insane beast.

But maybe that's coming from a kid who got to drive it/race it from 16-18. And then continue racing it until nearly 21 (when I wasn't driving the Evo, that is) in race car form from basic car, to stripped gutted car, with welded roll cage, welded hard top, 350ish whp (went from NA, to built motor, to SC'd, to Turbo'd in it's life), and 2500ish lbs. And Moton motorsports... Along with loads and loads of other things

Sure, for a long time the Evo was faster with just coilovers, TBE, tune, and some R compounds it was faster than the S through all it's craziness until the SC, then we were pretty even most of the time. And then the turbo and a bit of the gutting came and he was faster. Then with the dedicated race version of it it was way faster than the Evo. My point isn't which one was faster though. In ALL of it's stages, the S was more fun to drive, a lot more fun.

So, my opinion may be a little biased.

Last edited by UT_Evo; Nov 20, 2008 at 03:07 PM.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 02:57 PM
Evolving Member

dude stick with the evo boost and awd outway vtec and convertible in my book any day and plus u can only fit 1 other person in the s2k
Old Nov 20, 2008, 03:00 PM
Evolving Member

Summer only no-torque wonder or Evo.........Descisions.

Quick Reply: SHOULD I? Evo IX MR trade for an S2000 ???