Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Schroth harness question

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2009, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
^^^ My post was a question posed about the Schroth AutoControl using the inertia reel........Thanks for the reply.

Anyone else have experience or opinion about the AutoControl.......Regards, MP
Sorry - your question is not clear to me. But the answer is still the same. You definitely CAN NOT use a HANS with the auto-reel. The HANS has to be permanently sandwiched between the belts and you+seat. The tighter the better. The second the HANS slips out of the belts it becomes totally ineffective.

I have a Schroth 4pt ASM with the auto-reel. The auto-reel is a comfort feature for people who want to use their 4pt belts (with ASM) for street use. I don't use these belts on the street and I don't use the auto-reel at the track/auto-x because one of the purposes of the harness is to keep me in place - so I turn the reel off at the events. I just happen to have it so I installed it. I only use the reel to move around in the grid and to put on the harness which makes it just a little easier....
Old Feb 10, 2009, 06:51 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
^^^Thank you.........Where did you install the reel?...........The EVO has no C-pillar installation & would appreciate a photo of your installation if u can........The approved location is the lower rear passenger belt mount.......Im concerned of the angle of the rear belt reel to the back of the stock Recaro.........Thanks again.........MP
Old Feb 10, 2009, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
^^^Thank you.........Where did you install the reel?...........The EVO has no C-pillar installation & would appreciate a photo of your installation if u can........The approved location is the lower rear passenger belt mount.......Im concerned of the angle of the rear belt reel to the back of the stock Recaro.........Thanks again.........MP
Correct, the angle towards the middle of the back seat is a little too steep and that is the reason I did not use it. I installed it in the stock anchor location of the top rear shoulder belt. You have to remove the rear shelf to get access to it. That is the equivalent of the c-pillar location.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 09:33 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I owe you a thanks again.........I looked at the stock reel on the C-pillar from the trunk...I saw the mounting bolt under the interior shelf.........PM me a pic....Would like to see how you did it..............MP
Old Feb 12, 2009, 06:11 AM
Evolved Member

been running the schroth ralley 4 w/ASM for about a year now and they're great. got them used on the forum for a great price.

i love the fact that you can still use the factory 3-point belts on the street w/o having to uninstall/reinstall the schroth units.
When I pull up to the track to do an HPDE or Autox all it takes is a couple seconds to buckle the belts in the back and I have a full race harness.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 06:49 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

^^^ Well Done!!, nothing like a good deal.......Today I just purchased the Schroth Autocontrol II (Inertia reel) for street driving only......The inertia reel will mount to the upper middle passenger reel mounting bolt under the plastic cover........Will post up a pic when complete........Ive used the Autocontrol before, Real comfy but keeps your butt planted (& you can always install the lockout for trackdays).........Regards, MP

http://www.schrothracing.com/product...autocontrol-II