Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

When I see snow falling, it's like the roads are covered in GOLD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2009, 10:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL!! I love the snow just played in it 2 days ago best feeling ever! lol. Too bad it was nothing compared to the photos up there.
Old Feb 14, 2009, 09:56 AM

boostincincy... another evo cincy owner! amazing. Yet, I can never find them whenever I'm driving around. I use to drive around in the snow all the time just like you. When I had my truck I did it almost every snow. With my evo I only did it a few times. None the less driving around cincy looking for hills to see if you can get up on them is fun.

I'm in Naples Florida for the next 2 years now though. so no more snow for a lil while.
Old Feb 14, 2009, 11:11 PM
Evolving Member

don't you just crave to find a nice secluded freshly snowed road/area to just shred on with awd?! When it snows I go out for a drive just to find nice roads or areas to shred My subbie is fun as is in the snow, can't wait for my evo to play next!
Old Feb 14, 2009, 11:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by juicebox
boostincincy... another evo cincy owner! amazing. Yet, I can never find them whenever I'm driving around. I use to drive around in the snow all the time just like you. When I had my truck I did it almost every snow. With my evo I only did it a few times. None the less driving around cincy looking for hills to see if you can get up on them is fun.

I'm in Naples Florida for the next 2 years now though. so no more snow for a lil while.
haha, yeah when I see an EVO in cincinnati it's like seeing Bigfoot, it's rare, and usually only for an instant. Sucks you're in Florida though, but...maybe it doesn't, but hey...holler whenever you're up this way!
Old Feb 15, 2009, 03:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Snow? I havent seen snow in 6 years... I cant wait to introduce my car to the snow... i think theyd love eachother!!!
Old Feb 15, 2009, 07:00 AM

i love the snow. this past year in chicago we have had quiet a bit, but my talon has seen the most of it though.
Old Feb 15, 2009, 08:42 AM

I like the snow and only drove the evo once in it. Cant wait to do it agian!
Old Feb 19, 2009, 05:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Canexican
Holy Crap! Just got my Blizzak WS-60's installed on arguably one of the worst snow days so far this year. The difference between these and my all-seasons is night and day. I purposely drive into the lane that isn't plowed just so I can get around all the slow-asses struggling with their all-seasons .

I also took it to an empty lot and had complete control of my drifting around the lot. I'll never go back to struggling in the snow again. If you are contemplating whether or not to get good snow tires for the winter, don't hesitate...BUY THEM. Its worth it !
I'd love to slap each and everybody that EVER had all seasons tyres on their Evo... It's like buying a diamond and then polishing it with dog-sh*t every day...

Everybody knows it's semi-slick for summer and snow for winter...

Once you've been stuck at 3:30 am in the middle of a forrest, wedged between 2 trees and 2 treetrunks, in nothing but a t-shirt and sneakers with 12 inches of snow on an incline, THAT's when you know you're a true Evo-Enthusiast... (happened to me last Saturday... )
Old Feb 19, 2009, 05:27 PM
Evolving Member

Snow is fun but.......Too much snow is the devil
Old Feb 19, 2009, 05:36 PM
Evolving Member

I loved the snow until I hit a curb and had to buy a new wheel...small parking lot, only 5 ft patch of "curb" there, all the rest were little humps up to the sidewalk.

I just happened to slide into the only part that was an actual curb. Pretty funny though about a 8" piece out of the wheel, you could see the ENTIRE bead. Amazingly enough I drove it until my new wheel got there.

Other than that the snow is great, nothing like driving around at 45mph downshifting and getting completely sideways, and watch people FREAK out, thinking you have lost all control of the car. Hehe.

Except all the people who have no idea how to drive on snow/ice and wear chains everywhere they go, regardless of snow or not, (like the freeway, sparks flying everywhere...idiots) leaving, for lack of better wording, "icebumps" all over the road so I can drive on them in my stiff suspension, lowered car and hate my very existance.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 09:54 AM
Evolving Member

^^^ Ever try that when someone is following a bit too close?

For some reason they back wayyyyy off
Old Feb 20, 2009, 10:33 AM
Evolving Member

sounds fun i used to do that in parking lot stadium =D with cones too couple of my friends and I actually set up a small autox course and ran through it lol
Old Feb 20, 2009, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

NE ohio to get 3-6 more inches this weekend. Maybe my buddy will get out his camera and i can have some snow drifting fun and have him record it!!!!!!!

STevo
Old Feb 20, 2009, 12:00 PM

drifting in the snow is bad ***
Old Feb 23, 2009, 11:04 PM

having the right tires will put a smile on your face.

having the wrong tires will most likely have you end up hopped up on a curb or in a ditch.

Blizzak LM's FTW! Mount a camera on dash and share some awesome drifting videos!

p.s. Snow mode to hang the drift sideways longer, Tarmac mode to swing the tail out easier

Last edited by PSG Evo; Feb 23, 2009 at 11:07 PM.

Quick Reply: When I see snow falling, it's like the roads are covered in GOLD