Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evolution Imports [Super Mega Merge]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2002, 11:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
and by the way its Sanford not Stamford just thought I'd clear that up
Old Nov 14, 2002, 12:35 AM
Evolved Member

if youve got the money, spend it!!! ive bought something for my car from e-bay, and people always told me,everything on e-bay i junk...i thought other wise...juss know what youre getting yourself into. get pics..how to contact the person, stuff like that. i am very satisfied with my purchase from e-bay, and hell yah id do it again!!!
Old Nov 14, 2002, 05:42 AM
Evolved Member

It does seem pretty poor that EI has not made any attempt to post here.......maybe from their viewpoint they will lose no matter what.... if the claim to have the answers, we will doubt them... if they claim not to have the answers we will make fun of them (and anyone who gave (yes gave) them $30k+. )

With the information provided by Señior I would imagine they are up to their asses in aligators right now.....

Glad I couldn't afford to pay EI for an EVO VII!
Old Nov 14, 2002, 06:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by MEGABUSA
It does seem pretty poor that EI has not made any attempt to post here.......maybe from their viewpoint they will lose no matter what.... if the claim to have the answers, we will doubt them... if they claim not to have the answers we will make fun of them (and anyone who gave (yes gave) them $30k+. )

With the information provided by Señior I would imagine they are up to their asses in aligators right now.....

Glad I couldn't afford to pay EI for an EVO VII!

Why is it their responsibility to post here? Just because someone brought information, and then a million others stated their own rumors and personal opinion, most without ever talking to EI or with anyone who actually knows the situation?
I don't personally agree with how EI has people purchase their cars. I feel that a proper business would use their own investment to build inventory and then sell what they already have, BUT I do understand why they are doing what they are doing.
I also have been talking to Adam long before most anyone else (~June 2001), and have even met him in person. I also stay in contact with those in the know offline. I don't feel they need to justify themselves to anyone here. If you don't like their business practice, then don't buy. Its as simple as that. Believe me you are not hurting their business. They will sell cars based on one fact only, and that is if they can deliver cars. Nothing said in this forum is going to change that.
Old Nov 14, 2002, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

I never said they had a responsibility to post here, but it would be nice to hear their side of the story.

Aren't they a sponsor of this website? Didn't that lead some of the people on this website to order cars from them?

O well..... good thread anyway. Hopefully no one gets burned but is sure sounds like they will.

Originally posted by TearItUpSports

Why is it their responsibility to post here? Just because someone brought information, and then a million others stated their own rumors and personal opinion, most without ever talking to EI or with anyone who actually knows the situation?
I don't personally agree with how EI has people purchase their cars. I feel that a proper business would use their own investment to build inventory and then sell what they already have, BUT I do understand why they are doing what they are doing.
I also have been talking to Adam long before most anyone else (~June 2001), and have even met him in person. I also stay in contact with those in the know offline. I don't feel they need to justify themselves to anyone here. If you don't like their business practice, then don't buy. Its as simple as that. Believe me you are not hurting their business. They will sell cars based on one fact only, and that is if they can deliver cars. Nothing said in this forum is going to change that.
Old Nov 14, 2002, 08:25 AM
In Timeout

You can bet your sweet @ss they'll post. Good news only.
Old Nov 14, 2002, 01:29 PM
Account Disabled

Like any new company the first year is normally spent advertising and building a clientel.Evolution Imports only advertises on lancer forums and Dupont.Well not everyone pics up a dupont registry or logs on to lancerofrums.com.Ebay is viewed more then dupont and lancerforums combined x10.Thats why he posted his cars on ebay,for the exposure.goto rememember alot of people keep to them selves,and customer confidentality between buyer and seller.Just because the buyers didnt mention anything on this forum that they bought an evo from evolution imports doesnt mean he`s not selling them like crazy.
Old Nov 15, 2002, 04:50 AM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally posted by Claudius
What I do not understand is why the USA make it so difficult to import a vehicle from Japan? Surely if a Lancer Evolution were dangerous, the Japanese government wouldnt let their people drive around in it? And there has to be crash test data from Japan anyway.
It's not Japan that's making it hard - it's our own government's doing. Japan could care less if someone wants to buy 100 JDM cars and sell them somewhere else, provided the JDM company doesn't already sell them there. U.S. safety and emissions standards are vastly different than other countries' laws, and the U.S. requires the full arsenal of tests for any vehicle sold in here. To my knowledge, I believe Japan's only crash test requirements are head-on and side impact. No offset (one of the worst), no 5mph bumper. And of course, courtesy of CARB, we have some of the most stringent emissions laws in the world.
Old Nov 15, 2002, 05:17 AM

Anyone who gives Señor Info crap about his posts has some serious problems. All he is doing is posting FACTS. His skepticism is 100% completely justified. EI has never made any attempt to explain any of the questions he has brought up.

I do not think EI is trying to scam people, but clearly, the way they do business is questionable. They've basically been advertising something they still do not have for almost a year. And now they are doing it on E-Bay as well. I hope the people that purchased cars through them will actually get them. But as it is right now it looks like they are in for a long wait.
Old Nov 15, 2002, 05:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by WestSideBilly

It's not Japan that's making it hard - it's our own government's doing. Japan could care less if someone wants to buy 100 JDM cars and sell them somewhere else, provided the JDM company doesn't already sell them there. U.S. safety and emissions standards are vastly different than other countries' laws, and the U.S. requires the full arsenal of tests for any vehicle sold in here. To my knowledge, I believe Japan's only crash test requirements are head-on and side impact. No offset (one of the worst), no 5mph bumper. And of course, courtesy of CARB, we have some of the most stringent emissions laws in the world.

Thats because our average speed limit is way lower than the US or Australia
On the EI story..it's just basic poor business projection.
They committed the sin of not be able meet consumer demand on time.
And they're second sin was not to hold off on any new orders until current clientel have recieved they're orders. I think their vision of being the first to import ;clouded the their judgement on good business sense. The reputation you build with consumers can make or break your business (Especially, during the early years) PEACE
Old Dec 4, 2002, 04:25 PM

New Evo Viii Info From Evolution Imports!

Anybody else see this?
http://www.evolutionimports.net/evo8.html
Where did they get this info? Wonder how accurate it is?
It does say it will have a 6MT but who knows where they got this info. Looks like specs only apply to jap version. Hope the US version doesn't get too watered down.
Old Dec 4, 2002, 04:28 PM
Evolved Member

Yes most people have seen this info, and they got it from japanparts.com (sp?)
Old Dec 16, 2002, 12:12 AM
Evolving Member

EI Evo Discussion

Ok, I've gotten the impression that a lot of people on here are not going to be terribly satisfied with the US Evo 8. I'm not personally passing judgement on the car, I'm just stating a fact. I've seen more than a few people say too that if the US 8 isn't to their liking, they're going to look at Evolution Import's Evo 7's.

But, there's still a lot of questions lingering out there about the legitimacy of the importing process for those 7's. More than a few people swear up and down they haven't been legalized yet. Others say they don't know what they're talking about, that they've got their's and they're 100% legal. I've read a lot of posts offering good and valid points for both sides.

So, what I was wondering, is would it be possible to have a civilized thread where people, with actual knowledge of the import process or have purchased EI 7's, can put this matter to rest? I'd especially like to hear from anybody who's actually received their Evo 7's.

If Evolution Imports would like to join in on this, that would be great!
Old Dec 16, 2002, 12:14 AM
Evolving Member

To start it off, has anybody who's gotten their EI 7 had ANY trouble getting it registered, or insurance for it?

Are they, form what you know, now 100% legalized by the federal government?

What about police; has anybody been unfortunate enough to be pulled over yet, and what did the cops say?

Quick Reply: Evolution Imports [Super Mega Merge]