Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Sleeping in the Evo

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2009, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nebevo
i cant stop laughing

well i feel asleep when i was to drunk to drive home after a my friends b-day

at a strip club.

parking lot was well lighted, at 530am cop flashes his mag light on me

and my buddy, *** i jump out of my seat cop jumps back starts yelling relax

relax, I said to the cop you almost gave me a heart attack my friend was still

asleep ask us if we were intoxicated i said yes sir just sobering up,

cop then asked me if my to check my friends pulse friend i put my fingers to

his neck looked at my wrist watch waited 60 secs told him his pulse is

72over60

he then looked at my eyes with the mag light which were blood shot to hell!

smiled at me and said lucky you didn't have the keys in the ignition be

careful he said i don't wont to find you up the street he walked away got in his

car and drove away.

i strated my car i got the *** out of there lolololol

also fell asleep on the way to Oregon for 7 1/2 hours at a rest stop no problems driver seat to, also had a blanket and pillow im 5'10 1/2
lol
Old Aug 9, 2009, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Aven
This is an easy fix and learned it when I had an integra in college.

Sleep in the backseat with one door open with your feet hanging out.

It may seem risky, but would you approach a car with a body hanging out of it in the middle of the night? I wouldn't.
This was gonna be my response. I will leave the evo at work, ride with friends to/from the bar and my manager would find me hanging out the back seat..... never late for work I can tell you that.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 07:32 PM
Evolving Member

never slept in mine but i wouldn't mind sleeping in the back with one door open to let my feet hang out like he said^^^^ lol

Last edited by Evokid8; Aug 9, 2009 at 07:36 PM.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 07:37 PM

i just sleep in the passenger side just put the seat down and on my back. i sleep for 2.5 hrs everyday between classes
Old Sep 6, 2009, 06:54 PM
Evolved Member

I slept on the passanger seat last summer after a night of drinking.... It was pretty comfortable... Other than my wrist was hurting but that was from drinking lolzz...
Old Sep 6, 2009, 07:05 PM
Evolving Member

Won't be comfy.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

I've slept in my car more times than I can count. Lowering brackets would definitely help, but it's not too uncomfortable. I'm about 5'11.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 08:27 PM
Account Disabled

Ive slept in my Evo once.. And when i mean slept, i really mean passed out.. It was thanksgiving eve, and i was banged up by 5pm(starting drinkin with the guys from work). and stayed at the same bar until 9 when my friends showed up. Ended up making it till around 1am and going outside for a cig. Didnt feel o-so good, so i walked to my car, and sat in the drivers seat.. I took the keys and put them in the trunk... (if a cop were to walk up to me even if the keys were in the backseat they could still hit you with a DUI in jersey) ..

Now i also had gotten called into work for thanksgiving (its 2.5 times normal pay here) so i had left extra cloths in my trunk just IN CASE i passed out somewhere.. Well i awoke at 4am in an empty parking lot, with about 1000 missed calls and text messages freezing. I drove to my job, which is less then 500 feet away. and passed out in a bucket trucks bench seat(i work for a telephone company).. I was wide awake at 730 and started to head out to my first job.. I got dunkin donuts then out i went. About 4 or 5 blocks down the road i ended up pulling a 10k lb Bucket truck off to the side of the road and swung the door open and yacked right out the side... I had about 4 or 5 cars next to me asking if i was ok... What a great start to the holiday!!!
Old Sep 6, 2009, 11:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well last month I went downt o English Racing for a few days and was staying with a friend. One night I decided to go to Portland OR and hang out with a friend that I have not seen for a few years. Well long story short, we got **** faced and both slept in the evo! When we woke up in the morning I had a ****ing parking ticket. Like the cop couldn't have knocked on the window and asked for me to move the car. But then my luck the second that I started the car he would have gave me a DUI. So prob better that it worked out the way it did!
Old Sep 7, 2009, 04:04 AM

never sleep in the car.
Old Sep 7, 2009, 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by funkmaztafox
Now my car smells like the strip club and jager =(
Lol that's awesome.

When I had my old srt the seats were so damn comfortable that I had no problem passing out in them. evo seats < srt-4 seats
Old Sep 7, 2009, 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by lst4g63
This was gonna be my response. I will leave the evo at work, ride with friends to/from the bar and my manager would find me hanging out the back seat..... never late for work I can tell you that.
Hell I used to get all boozed up change into my uniform then fall asleep in my car until 7 am when my boss (who was my girlfriends sister at the time) wake me up for work. Those days were awesome.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 08:39 AM

I have slept in the front seat, barely reclined on the way home from auto-x events with four tires on the back seat. It is not too comfortable but a few hours is better than nothing.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EriCS
I fell aslep in my old car (vr6) after a night of drinking. Woke up several hrs later and went inside my house to sleep in my bed. Later that afternoon I realized not only did my car not want to start but it was because I fell asleep with it running and must have ran out of gas during.
damn! at least you weren't in the garage w/ the door closed!
Old Sep 16, 2009, 11:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I bought my evo Georgia. I flew down and drove it home to upstate ny >1000 miles.
I had to stop somewhere in Va. to take a nap... I am 6'1" and i slept scrunched up in the back seat... for about 4 hours... I think i felt worse when i woke up then when i fell asleep! My knees were so sore from being scrunched...

Quick Reply: Sleeping in the Evo