Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

The VIVID RACING Experience

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2003, 10:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes but from what i read the parts were never said to not fit a evo 8 or a us spec evo 8, aslo it doesnt sound like he was told they had to order the part, sound like it was passed off as in stock
Old Oct 13, 2003, 10:23 PM
Evolved Member

oy, another one...
Old Oct 13, 2003, 10:48 PM
Evolved Member

I hate to see no one from Vivid stand up for there company. That proves a lot. If Vivid has yet to see this thread then by reading this I hope we see a post. I would never buy from them as I have heard more bad things then good.
Old Oct 13, 2003, 11:34 PM
Evolved Member

i keep wanting to give them a chance, but it pisses me off when you contact someone about something and they can't respond...

maybe they're just busy...
Old Oct 14, 2003, 12:18 AM
Evolving Member

what can I say??? Vivid was notorious even from teh WRX i-club days. Most of us only use their site as a catalog and we order order them some place else.. Godspeed godspeed.hack.net and Gruppe-S are pretty good, you can almost get any part from them. They are my personal favorites at this point - most of my wrx parts were from them btw...
Old Oct 14, 2003, 05:42 AM
Evolved Member

I've never ordered anything form Vivid, so I can't comment on any orders I've placed. I will make a point that I never see complaints about any other vendor on these boards as often as I see a Vivid complaint.
Old Oct 14, 2003, 07:09 AM
os2
Evolving Member

And here's my $0.02 - Vivid's prices suck - I always end up finding better deal with faster delivery. Alwayz!
Old Oct 14, 2003, 07:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by evoracerx
FYI, Vivid is not run out of an apartment by 18 year old punks, they do try to resolve problems the best that they can. Hard to get parts from Japan could get held up in customs or stuck on a boat. EVO 7 parts won't necessarily fit US EVO 8 perfectly.
but how do you explain the part where the salemans keeps telling the kid that the part is already shipped when it isn't? you can lie that you have a part in stock but you can't lie about a part already being shipped, it doesn't take 1 month to ship anything cross country, not even ground shipping.
Old Oct 14, 2003, 07:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by evoracerx
FYI, Vivid is not run out of an apartment by 18 year old punks, they do try to resolve problems the best that they can. Hard to get parts from Japan could get held up in customs or stuck on a boat. EVO 7 parts won't necessarily fit US EVO 8 perfectly.
18 year old punks have better customer service though.
Old Oct 14, 2003, 07:29 AM

Originally posted by tswift
Any reputable vendor will not run your card until the item is shipped. I can't in good consious do that.
I agree with your post, except for the above statement. How can a company stay in business if they do not get money before they order the product? That's how customers rip the companies off. Think about it, you take an order and recieve the customers credit card information over the phone, but don't run it. Later that same day you order the product. The product is on it's way either to you, or getting drop shipped to the customer. The next day, or later the same day, you run the card and it is either denied or invalid, and the customer gives you a bunk phone number. Then "A", you are stuck with the product on your showroom floor, "B", you send the product back to the company and pay a restocking fee and lose money, or "C", the product gets drop shipped to the customer and you lose a lot of money. To run a successful business, you must always get the money before you order product, however, you must also call to make sure the product is in stock in your warehouse first, that is the key, because you can not sell product you don't have, or it may turn into a similar situation based upon the original post in this thread. Just my 2 cents. Sorry to go a little off topic

Best regards,

Mike
NorthEast Auto Design
www.ForPerformance.com
www.NorthEastAutoDesign.com
1.800.296.6560 ext. 202
Old Oct 14, 2003, 08:02 AM
Account Disabled

Guess everyone runs their business different. Unless we are drop shipping a product, we don't process the card. If I'm going to ship it, then no need to run the card until time to ship. Have to figure shipping costs, yes, I could estimate, but I don't really like going back and hitting the customers card twice becasue I under charged shipping. The main difference between selling race tires and just parts, is I see the guys I sell to on a regular basis. If they don't pay, they don't get tires. And guys who race need tires. So this is my experience.

As for "to run a successful business you always have to the get money" I completely disagree. What about inventory, that is a calculated risk you take that you will sell that part. Yes, it is lame to have parts on the shelf too long, but isn't that the cost of doing business. The customer shouldn't have to pay for your inventory. He will pay soon enough when he buys the products. One reason

I don't run the card immedeiatly for the reason you stated. What if the part isn't in stock and will take weeks to get. This way, I don't have to go back to the machine and run a void transaction. Just one less thing that can go wrong. If by chance it takes a week to get something and when I go to run the card it declines, I just call the customer and get another form of payment. If they decide they don't want it, that is ok too. Have to take the good with the bad. We've been in business for over 20 years and this seems to work.

Yes, I agree, you must have the product in stock. I will always tell the customer if I can ship immedeately or will have to order in from the warehouse. Again, it is all on me as the vendor to do what is best for the customer, not what is best or most conveinent for me.

My continued thoughts
Old Oct 14, 2003, 08:21 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The thing that stands out to me regarding this post is Vivid's lack of any sort of response. In this type of thread regarding other companies, often the company has replied attempting some sort of resolution, or at least an explanation. The worst thing is ordering a product and being told it will ship, and then having the product not even be in stock at the vendor!
Old Oct 14, 2003, 08:36 AM

Haha, they sure have some flashy graphics, banners, and ads in magazines. The owner has a pretty nice WRX, I bet his parts fit nicely every time! I would be FURIOUS if I recieved parts that the vendor implied would fit, but when it didn't and they wouldn't fork over the cash it'd be GO time.
Old Oct 14, 2003, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

remember vivid is in arizona, so they should be coming around soon

FYI, way around the "charge credit card first, pay for product, then mail" you can have the item in STOCK then charge , then mail... this way, you and the customer have/get the product as promised...
Old Oct 14, 2003, 09:57 AM
Evolving Member

I've seen Vivid's responses in the past to complaints on this forum it that is the main reason I have never ordered from them.

The most important thing in business is to be honest with your customers, I'm sure with 7K worth of products, a lot of things were probably dropped shipped, that should of been stated up front and Vivid should of been in contact with the companies they ordered and kept up the communication with the customer. Business to Business commerce is no different.

It all depends on how you run your shop, I've bought stuff from NEAD who posted above, mind you it was only lug nuts for two different cars, and they had them in stock, were very friendly and offered their services for anything else I might need. There showroom did not have a lot of stuff in it, with the exception of single wheels all around. So obviously they run their business in a different way as I know they have other stores in the North East, they either have a central warehouse or order the parts directly from their suppliers on a as needed/ordered basis. That's fine if that's the way they want to do business, but does little for me if I want to see what's out there. Mind you in Maine there isn't a big call for sport compact car tuning, so I'm just happy that there is a place available to get stuff. I also see NEAD folks out at local AutoX, car shows and what not, so they support the market they sell too, Not to mention they sweet Supras the guys run around in. So I don't mind if they charge before I receive my product, as long as they state that is what they do upfront, then the choice is yours. You should always ask the return policy before you buy too.

Problems mentioned in the original post is why I buy everything through a credit card, even when using PayPal. Your credit card companies have dispute agencies set up just for situations like these. MBNA has been a great service to me and has always retrieved money back for me when something has gone wrong. They have fought with big companies and individuals for me. If the part was advertised as it would fit and it doesn't then send it back to them and cancel the charges on your credit card, doesn't matter if you already paid, they will still fight for you.

Just like out on the street, there are good and bad vendors, from what I've seen in my short time here at evom is we have a lot of great vendors that go above and beyond normal business practices and are truly hear for us as well as to make a good living. Z-1 Performance and Vishnu come to mind as a few of the great vendors.

I appreciate these posts, because they teach each and every one of us as to which companies are good and which are bad.