Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

passenger tail light not working

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2009, 06:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
passenger tail light not working

Yesterday i relized my parking lights on my passenger side were out. My brake lights and reverse lights worked fine. I changed both bulbs today because they were both blown. They still didn't work so i checked the fuse and it was also blown. I changed that and it worked. Later i went for a 10 min drive and come home to the parking lights being out again. I tried to put in a new fuse in and it immediately popped. The bulbs in the tail lights were not blown tho and i then noticed the parking light in my headlight was also not on. At this point i came to the conclusing i have a dead short. I had a body shop install jdm headlights about 6 months ago while i had so body work done. My question is could it be that the body shop messed up and theres a worn through wire somewhere? Is the front marker light on the same fuse as the tail lights or that on the low beam headlight circuit? Any help would be appreciated i would like to resolve this quickly so i don't get a ticket
Old Aug 27, 2009, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
check ALL related fuses, one is out causing the problem.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 09:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'm having the EXACT same problem.... it's blowing the passenger rear taillight fuse along with the third brake light bulb
Old Aug 27, 2009, 10:09 PM
Evolved Member

Fuse.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 10:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
check your connections. i had the same problem and i found out that my cigarette lighter cable was tangle and striped with my shifter and was causing a short.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 04:36 AM
Evolving Member

I checked all the fuses under the hood and they are all good except for #20 which is the passenger tail. Is the front marker light on the same circuit or is it on the headlight ciruit?
Old Aug 28, 2009, 02:24 PM
Evolving Member

What other accessories are on that circuit?
Old Aug 28, 2009, 03:15 PM
Evolving Member

If your blowing fuses, putting another fuse in will not fix the problem.

I would check the tail light assembly connector itself and surrounding wiring for shorts. Also check the bulb connectors for deformation.
Old Aug 29, 2009, 06:26 AM
Evolving Member

I know the problem doesn't have to do with the tail light or head lights because i would disconnect them and it would still blow the fuse immediately
Old Apr 11, 2011, 05:55 PM

So what is the best way to fix this problem because im having the same problem to the passenger tail light doesnt work not even if i put the brakes on now. The driver side works fine. Should i check all the wiring and change the fuse or ...?
Old Nov 15, 2013, 10:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Updates?
Old Nov 17, 2013, 01:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I fixed mine yesterday and found it was a loose and exposed ground cable behind my stereo. I covered it with electrical tape and re-tightened it. I also cleaned my battery terminal, since it was making a buzzing sound and had a lot of green build-up. Everything working properly.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 01:13 AM
Evolving Member

Are both the brake light & parking light (inner & outer) bulbs the same bulb size? Only my outer lights turn on
Old Oct 25, 2016, 08:56 AM
Evolving Member

I had just installed a new radio when I posted this years ago. I took out the aftermarket radio and found out one the illumination wire from the radio wasn't attached and was touching ground. The wiring diagram showed that the radio and tail light harness were all connected. As soon as i fixed the radio wire it fixed the fuse blowing problem i had to the tail light. Hope this helps.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 09:37 AM
Evolving Member

My issue is different, my front parking lights works as should.....my rear parking lights are not. Neither the driver nor passenger bulbs light up. I tried replacing with both halogen and led and no dice. Is there a fuse sorely for these bulbs?

Last edited by 2rbolag; Oct 28, 2016 at 01:14 PM.

Quick Reply: passenger tail light not working