Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Do ppl reckless drive when they see you?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2009, 06:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hillarious.
I took my car out 2 nights ago and what do I get but a CRX, A dodge Caravan, A trans-am, and a HHR trying to race me within like.. half hour.
Unbelievable.. the attention this car gets.

The stupid kids in the transam, whch Id like to call rice as it was obnoxiously loud and had the ugliest bodykit I ever saw and stickers, shifted low and revved so high and popped the clutch that they lost control and slid to thother wise of the road, :22lane + 2 lane with a yellow median in between...

I lol'd and kep driving at my normal pace
Up to 4k and shift, and 5mph max past speed limit xD
Old Sep 6, 2009, 06:40 AM

never noticed anyone driving crazy, had a few people that would like to have raced me. But then again I am wingless so I am definitely more incognito. Just the way I want it.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

Its funny to read this. I never have any pompous people doing silly crap to me when driving. I guess I'm lucky...
Old Sep 6, 2009, 07:42 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ashills
But then again I am wingless so I am definitely more incognito. Just the way I want it.
When I had a RS, the car was invisible. Even though it was bright red, hardly anyone noticed it. OTOH, my subtle grey wing'd SE pulls folks from far and wide. Sometimes I'm astonished by the attention. Hardly a day goes by without it. On the road, people do try to show-off. Then they see that I'm their dad's age and that's where it usually ends.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 08:09 AM
Evolving Member

i think its mostly the wing that does it. I get people acting like dumbasses all the time by me, especially the 17 year olds with the stripped out honda's. I get kids in minivans trying to race me

Last edited by EclipseMblue; Sep 6, 2009 at 08:12 AM.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 08:20 AM

i haven't experienced anyone really wreckless. millions of people revving and racing and blah blah. although it does **** me off when people do it in traffic.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 08:21 AM

Jeez, I thought it was just me! Everyday I go the same way to work and I get revving invitations from T'A's, Camaros, the occasional GTO's. Surprising I just get reved on by just one Civic SI. Iowa is American car country!! Also I scene a Nice WW Evo the other day cruising Crossroads Mall in Waterloo, would that be the guy from Ft Dodge??
Old Sep 6, 2009, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

Some guy in a Blazer was trying to mess with me two nights ago. This stuff happenes to me all the time. Nothing worth while like a Z06's, STi's, 360 Modena's, M3's etc. ever mess with me

A guy in a brand new Camero, not sure if it was a v6 or v8, tried racing me. I treated him just like the guy in the Blazer. I glance over with my "uhh...ok?" look and proceeded to ignore. They usually end up leaving me alone.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 08:26 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah i live in VA so we have an infinate ammount of kids with ricers/trucks/vans/ etc.. it doesnt matter. I have an OZ lancer that lives in the same area he has a body kit and tries to rev/race me like twice a day..irritating
Old Sep 6, 2009, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I don't feel like having fun I get THE most people trying me....mostly 350Z's G35's, Chargers, Mustang's.

Guy in a modified IS350 tried me as well. I most of the time let it go. Most of the time.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Normally in OH I dont really have ppl bother me, but when I go and visit my family in MD I wasen't there for more then 3 hrs when I got ~5ppl wanting to race me... never really witnessed anyone driving out of control to get me though
Old Sep 6, 2009, 09:39 AM
Evolving Member

As of late for some reason it's been mustangs.....maybe it's because it seems like everyone and their brother has one!! Like toxin mentioned depending on my mood and road conditions I might go.....I think a lot of mustang owners just think our cars are all show and no go, even though I was talking to a mustang owner yesterday who liked and was interested in my ride....I guess you can't always judge a book by it's cover!!
Old Sep 6, 2009, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
No street racing, be it in stories of others stupidity. Closed.