Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

2.0L motor build *Help*

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2010, 08:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2.0L motor build *Help*

My Evo 8 has some miles on it already. I wanna make some pretty high power and before i do that i wanna build the motor so when i buy other parts if the old motor goes it woun't hurt my other invesments.

What steps should i take in building my motor and what would be the best parts you pros on evolutionm recommend.
Thanks Kris
Old Feb 10, 2010, 08:38 AM
Evolving Member

adminastrators que... upgraded internals, AMS, Buschur sell kits or buy the shortblock. Look around.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 08:55 AM

i think ive found a winner already lol https://secure.buschurracing.com/cat...0a210c9c7be32e
but are these shortblocks just bolt on with no other modifications needed or is there other thigs needed?
Old Feb 10, 2010, 09:25 AM

I believe you would gain value in calling Buschur to discuss. It's a "hot swapable" shortblock but you'll need a new timing belt, head studs, water pump, head gaskets (if they are not included in the price), everything else you unbolt from your old shortblock and torque down on your new block.