Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Driveteam's shady deal in marketplace

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2010, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Driveteam's shady deal in marketplace

Since i dont have enough posts/time on the board to post in the market place i thought i should put this here just as a heads up. Mods please feel free to move this since it's posted in the wrong subforum.

Last week i made an offer on Driveteam's 8 listed in the marketplace which he accepted. i told him that i had to get part of it financed as i just got out of college and starting a new job so i didn't have the full amount. I asked him if there were any issues with the car besides the struts being blown and he made no mention of any other issues. So at this point we made the agreement on price, that i would take the car with the known issue of the struts being bad and agreed on a place to meet.

I call him up 2 days later to let him know that i was approved for financing and that everything was in order for me to pick up the car on the day we had agreed upon. He then tells me that he is taking it to the shop because its been smoking for a long time and he wanted to get it checked out. He then went into the back story and said that it has been smoking for months and he had just been adding oil every few fill ups and that its just a common thing for evo's to smoke since they're turbo'd. I've owned turbo cars in the past and have friends with modified evo's and none have burnt oil bad enough that they had to add a quart of oil every 2-3 fill ups and if i had an issue like that i think i'd be listing it in the post about the car to let everyone know. He clearly was trying to hide a known issue with his car as he clearly states in post #31 of the thread

Originally Posted by Driveteam
"This car runs great. The only issue is the front struts which would be replaced anyway with coilovers or a bilstein/spring combo. Does not drop any oil period."

Anyway just wanted to let everyone know so they dont get jerked around like i was. I see that he's got a 300zx listed in the same post that some people have had issues with what year he claims it is so i'd be concerned about that as well if anyone is looking at it.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 05:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't really consider that being jerked around.. My car shoots smoke out on WOT all the time lol.. At least he told you before you bought the car..You should bring this up with a mod before you post something against another member on the forum...
Old Apr 19, 2010, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by eXtreme-Speed
I don't really consider that being jerked around.. My car shoots smoke out on WOT all the time lol.. At least he told you before you bought the car..You should bring this up with a mod before you post something against another member on the forum...
true its good he told me before, but if it was a big enough issue that he felt the need to take it to a shop to get it checked out it should have been mentioned before getting that far into the deal. Considering the amount of oil it used and that the shop said the turbo was toast it wasn't a minor issue.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

To be honest i dont blame him for posting about it, i would have

he put in writing that it only had blown struts, if my evo was eatting oil anything like that i would be very concerned

for the record my evo since the day i got it till now (stock motor internally) has not ever burned any oil...ive had a few leaks...few gaskets reached the end of there life but it has never burned it
Old Apr 19, 2010, 06:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Chabada15
To be honest i dont blame him for posting about it, i would have

he put in writing that it only had blown struts, if my evo was eatting oil anything like that i would be very concerned

for the record my evo since the day i got it till now (stock motor internally) has not ever burned any oil...ive had a few leaks...few gaskets reached the end of there life but it has never burned it
+1...even after tuning
Old Apr 19, 2010, 09:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by boostless
+1...even after tuning
+2, even after tuning and after a tbe with a mil spec 100 cell cat.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 10:26 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
closed for review