Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Whats a good price for an evo IX MR SE?

Old Jun 20, 2010, 02:59 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whats a good price for an evo IX MR SE?

I am in the market for a new car, and am looking to import an evo IX to Canada. Seeing how they are not available in CA I am not really familiar with the pricing/model.

What is a good price for a fairly new (<10 000miles) evo IX that is bone stock?
Old Jun 20, 2010, 03:05 PM
Evolving Member

amazingly, IX's are very high much in demand! I would say under 10,000miles would still go for around 18k-24k$$ if youre lucky!!
Old Jun 20, 2010, 03:14 PM
Account Disabled

that price range is pretty decent... however i found one <3000 miles asking for around 31k! too much?
Old Jun 20, 2010, 03:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AznRico
that price range is pretty decent... however i found one <3000 miles asking for around 31k! too much?
yeah I saw that one as well, way to much. I'm in the same boat as you, looking to import and IX MR to Vancouver. I'd say $25,000USD is fair for one with under 30,000miles.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 03:29 PM
Account Disabled

Let me know if you do, I am looking for the car before worrying about importing it. Would be helpful to ask someone about importing who has experience.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Keep in mind, when a car still has less than 3K on the mileage, it actually is still considered new by retail value, so it is going to be closer to $30k....

Anything between $20-24k is pretty fair for less than 30K on the clock.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 04:59 PM
Evolving Member

Let me know if you do, I am looking for the car before worrying about importing it. Would be helpful to ask someone about importing who has experience.
1. Check Car is on the Admissibility list here: http://www.riv.ca/english/US_vehicle_admissibility.pdf
2. Boarder U.S. states/towns the car dealerships are now being told by some manufactures not to sell new cars to Canadians. So double check with dealer if this is the case, most car brokers will still sell to Canadians or you may have to go more inland. Used cars are no problem just double check with U.S. National branch about warranty coverage in Canada.
3. For a new car just wire transfer the money to them if it is used I would only put down a deposit and never buy it site un scene I got screwed the photo’s looked great but didn’t show body damage/scrapes/scratch’s. This was from a big dealer in Seattle and they said the car was clean with great condition body, which was untrue.
4. Once the car is purchased have them fax you the title and the recall letter, if it is used you will have to contact the National branch of the manufacture to have then do a check on the VIN # for any recalls.
5. Fax the recall letter to riv at Fax: 1-888-642-9899 and fill out this http://www.customs.gov/linkhandler/c...export_wks.doc and fax to US boarder at least 72 business hours before you bring the car through. Fax # (406) 432-5528 Phone them to make sure they received the fax, a fax confirmation is not good enough.
6. Go to ICBC to get a binder for insurance, before you pick up the car.
7. Pick up the car make sure you get the original title, recall clearance letter, (used cars need a Carfax done), State permit and I think that’s it.
8. Drive to the boarder between 8a.m. and 3:30 p.m. see U.S Customs there is a separate line for car exports, so make sure you are standing in the right one. They stamp your copy of the Title.
9. Now go to Canadian customs and tell them you are importing a car and grab the date of manufacture off the drivers door before you go in.
10. Now you pay duty or tax and the RIV Fee $195 + tax and $100 for A/C if the car has it. If the VIN starts with a J it is made in Japan and there is a 6.1% duty and the GST is 6%.
11. Once you pay they will give you Form 1 fax this to RIV at Fax: (416) 626-0366 once you get home.
12. Phone them a day or two later and ask them to email or fax Form 2 to you so you can get the inspection done.
13. Before getting it inspected make sure there is no tint on front windows and the car has daytime running lights (DLR’s), no chips or cracks in the windshield and a third break light. If car has mods. make sure it has a cat, D.O.T. approved tail and head light’s, etc.
14. If the car is used you have to get a provincial inspection done too.
15. When you pay for your insurance you will have to pay 7% PST.
16. Enjoy the money you saved, and spend it on your wife, a trip, or mods for the car.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The one in chicago? If so, he has relisted it like 7 times.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 06:30 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by BrendanS
1. Check Car is on the Admissibility list here: http://www.riv.ca/english/US_vehicle_admissibility.pdf
2. Boarder U.S. states/towns the car dealerships are now being told by some manufactures not to sell new cars to Canadians. So double check with dealer if this is the case, most car brokers will still sell to Canadians or you may have to go more inland. Used cars are no problem just double check with U.S. National branch about warranty coverage in Canada.
3. For a new car just wire transfer the money to them if it is used I would only put down a deposit and never buy it site un scene I got screwed the photo’s looked great but didn’t show body damage/scrapes/scratch’s. This was from a big dealer in Seattle and they said the car was clean with great condition body, which was untrue.
4. Once the car is purchased have them fax you the title and the recall letter, if it is used you will have to contact the National branch of the manufacture to have then do a check on the VIN # for any recalls.
5. Fax the recall letter to riv at Fax: 1-888-642-9899 and fill out this http://www.customs.gov/linkhandler/c...export_wks.doc and fax to US boarder at least 72 business hours before you bring the car through. Fax # (406) 432-5528 Phone them to make sure they received the fax, a fax confirmation is not good enough.
6. Go to ICBC to get a binder for insurance, before you pick up the car.
7. Pick up the car make sure you get the original title, recall clearance letter, (used cars need a Carfax done), State permit and I think that’s it.
8. Drive to the boarder between 8a.m. and 3:30 p.m. see U.S Customs there is a separate line for car exports, so make sure you are standing in the right one. They stamp your copy of the Title.
9. Now go to Canadian customs and tell them you are importing a car and grab the date of manufacture off the drivers door before you go in.
10. Now you pay duty or tax and the RIV Fee $195 + tax and $100 for A/C if the car has it. If the VIN starts with a J it is made in Japan and there is a 6.1% duty and the GST is 6%.
11. Once you pay they will give you Form 1 fax this to RIV at Fax: (416) 626-0366 once you get home.
12. Phone them a day or two later and ask them to email or fax Form 2 to you so you can get the inspection done.
13. Before getting it inspected make sure there is no tint on front windows and the car has daytime running lights (DLR’s), no chips or cracks in the windshield and a third break light. If car has mods. make sure it has a cat, D.O.T. approved tail and head light’s, etc.
14. If the car is used you have to get a provincial inspection done too.
15. When you pay for your insurance you will have to pay 7% PST.
16. Enjoy the money you saved, and spend it on your wife, a trip, or mods for the car.
Wow, thank you! This shall definitely save me time.

Originally Posted by SyZyGy1394
The one in chicago? If so, he has relisted it like 7 times.
Yes that one -_- I really want it! Think 28-29k still a good price for a pretty much new 06?
Old Jun 20, 2010, 06:32 PM

A friend of mine payed 23k for one with 28k miles on it. So i would say around 26k for one with 3k miles on it.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 12:06 AM
Evolving Member

im not sure if youve seen this

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/hu...9-mr-sale.html

they still have brand new 9 MR's there :O but so pricey!!!!
Old Jun 21, 2010, 12:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by limvolution
im not sure if youve seen this

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/hu...9-mr-sale.html

they still have brand new 9 MR's there :O but so pricey!!!!
well this are for brand new ones and carry the 100k mile warranty.... great if you are looking to go light on the mods..

If your plans are to mod the crap out of it then your best bet is to look for one thats used with less than 30k miles. I've a seen a few people pay around 23k to 24k for clean ones with less than 30k miles on them.

If I was going to buy a brand new one and had the extra money to make it a show car, then I would spend the money on a brand new one as listed above.

But seriously for 36k.. you can buy a X MR for that much but it all depends on which one you really want.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 04:50 AM
Account Disabled

agreed, 36k is a bit too much for what I am willing to pay =/ that would be nice though...
Old Jun 21, 2010, 10:42 AM
Evolving Member

Good luck finding an IX with less than 10k miles. There can't be more than a handful of them left in the country...
Old Jun 21, 2010, 02:58 PM

brondons Has some great info on how to import the car into canada. When i imported my 05 evo 8 with 14 000 miles. Just be carefull as boarder control guys can be really huge d@#(s. My brother got fined 1400 dollers for bringing the car to the canadian border n asking questions about importing it. He asked him to bring the car to the canadian parking lot and because my brother didnt add some repairs he had done at the dealer they fined him and impounded the car. So be carefull and make sure all your paper work is completely filled out. You can pm me if you need more info but brondonS took care of it. If interested we mite be selling the evo8 and its been through all the inspections and road worthy in alberta. Good luck

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Whats a good price for an evo IX MR SE?