Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

MAPerformance ported/polished Oem Ex Manifold.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2010, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MAPerformance ported/polished Oem Ex Manifold.

I had the chance to finally open the box today and wow MAPerformance did an amazing job on the OEM exhaust manifold. However, there is one big thing missing...What happened to my black ceramic coating!!! The one I sent out originally already had black ceramic high temp coating on it and the one I received from them does not. I wonder if the high temp coating rubs off while port/polishing or they just accidentally sent me the wrong one back. Anyway, I will give them a call about not receiving the correct manifold back tomorrow. Here are some pictures :

Old Jul 11, 2010, 02:45 PM
Evolving Member

Nice porting from Map. They probably sent you the wrong one.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

Here's a pic of the FP red setup I bought from a guy on evoM. The manifold is right on top and you can see the black ceramic coating on it. That's the one I shipped out to MAPerformance originally.

Old Jul 11, 2010, 03:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It was probably an accident.
Contact adam, or chris and he will take care of it asap. They have no issues resolving problems at all
Old Jul 11, 2010, 09:42 PM

When you send in your ex mani to them for porting/polishing, is it a core exchange? I would think MAP gets enough of this business to probably have a couple of manifolds ported/polished on their shelf. So you send in yours and they exchange it for one that is done, then when time permits port/polish your mani for the next guy. Its how I would do business. They might not have realized it was a ceramic coating and just swapped it out for another mani. Definitely contact them, I'm sure its not too big of a deal.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 10:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What gains have people seen with a port/polish? When does someone max out the stock mani?

Last edited by 420a-t; Jul 11, 2010 at 10:13 PM.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 10:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evol911
When you send in your ex mani to them for porting/polishing, is it a core exchange? I would think MAP gets enough of this business to probably have a couple of manifolds ported/polished on their shelf. So you send in yours and they exchange it for one that is done, then when time permits port/polish your mani for the next guy. Its how I would do business. They might not have realized it was a ceramic coating and just swapped it out for another mani. Definitely contact them, I'm sure its not too big of a deal.
thats what I would think. i heard they have great customer service so call em and see whats up!
Originally Posted by 420a-t
What gains have people seen with a port/polish? When does someone max out the stock mani?
+1 curious as well
Old Jul 12, 2010, 09:31 AM
Evolving Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
how much do they charge for porting & polishing?
Old Jul 12, 2010, 09:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by evol911
This. Thought that was right on their site.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Im sure they can ceramic coat that one for you for a discounted price or something. They have great customer service so you shouldnt have too many issues getting this resolved.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
just curious, why the stock o2 housing on the fp red?
Old Jul 12, 2010, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo8426
just curious, why the stock o2 housing on the fp red?
This picture was taken by the guy I purchased the entire setup from. I actually have an invidia o2 housing that I will be installing instead.

Also, I got in contact with Map and was advised that their porting department has been really busy. MAP usually has manifolds that are already halfway ported, so they could have a quicker turn around once somebody orders the port/polish service; they wait until they receive your existing manifold until they finish it up though. Anyway, the original ceramic coated manifold that I sent to them will probably be used for another customer. I should have specified to them before I sent it in since putting it in the box itself wasn't enough. If I would have known, I would have just sent my non ceramic coated ex manifold instead and sold the ceramic coated one on here to another member. Since I am finally ready for my fp red install and don't want anymore down time, I'm just gonna use this one.

Last edited by fareastkorean; Jul 12, 2010 at 08:20 PM.