Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

AEM Tru Boost Help (Did serach prior)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2010, 10:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AEM Tru Boost Help (Did search prior)

So I am having trouble getting my Tru Boost to go past 12 PSI consistently. It will peak at 13.5 PSI or so then taper down to 12-10PSI range and stay there till red line. So I am pretty sure it is the boost solenoid that is causing this except I don't know why.

Here are the things I have done to try and fix it:

1. I am sure that the vacuum lines are al hooked up to the solenoid correctly and that all the rest are capped off well. I also do not think there are any major boost leaks as I do not hear any air hiss in my cabin (from the back of the gauge) and my car is noticeably down on power so I do not think I had a major air leak prior.

2. I have made sure that the Tru boost is ON (common mistake it seems).

3. I've played with the wastegate spring settings from 5-13psi. Where 11.5 seems to be the most popular setting to use.

4. I have put the duty cycle of the correct channel from 30-90 and had no effect on the boost pressure.

5. All the wiring I am fairly sure is correct since the polarity did not matter on the solenoid and I capped off the Grey and orange wire and used my radio ground and radio power for both of red wires. I also do not get any error displayed on the gauge.

The only thing I question is that, there where two power lines on the gauge and I wrapped them together before I soldered them to the radio power line and heat wrapped them. Although I do not see why this would really change anything I just don't understand why there were two separate power lines.

I plan to call AEM tomorrow as I bought this new and I really think I've installed everything correctly, but if anyone has and suggestions or ideas let me know.

Thanks

Last edited by ChrisGST; Sep 5, 2010 at 10:21 PM. Reason: typo
Old Sep 7, 2010, 05:25 PM

Anyone?
Old Sep 22, 2010, 06:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am having the excact same problem, purchased my car about a month ago and don't like boosting it much without a tune, but when i do it peaks at 12 and tapers to 10. Let me know if you figure anything out, thanks.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 04:19 PM
Evolving Member

It is something to do with the cycles. I had a hell of a time setting mine as well. I had set it at the 10-12psi for wastegate, and found that I had to set it much higher for it to boost higher than 12psi. Once it was figured out, I was able to adjust at my leisure.