Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Why not ask more $$$$ when selling an EVO?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2010, 03:13 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Why not ask more $$$$ when selling an EVO?

Back in 05 when I bought my EVO MR the window sticker had another little sticker next to it, im sure a lot of East Coast guys saw that little sticker too.

What was it you ask it was another reason to ask more money for the car, what it said if I can remember was they were asking $4k on top of the $36,094,00 sticker price because it was a rare car, something like limited production extra charge fee.

If everyone that owns an EVO does the same it will slowly raise the prices on all EVO's.

What you guys think?
Old Sep 28, 2010, 03:18 AM
Account Disabled

sure guys in financial situations will need to sell for cheap, the guys that arnt in a hurry are the ones im referring to.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 04:34 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by MR. EVO MR
If everyone that owns an EVO does the same it will slowly raise the prices on all EVO's.

What you guys think?
Since you ask, I think you should review a basic Economics text. The price of a used Evo is countered by the plethora of available substitutes.

You want your Evo to maintain its value? Keep the car relatively stock, don't rack up the miles, and maintain the car to better than showroom standards. How many cars like this do you think there are compared to all the chopped up Evos out there? Get my drift?

Last edited by FJF; Sep 28, 2010 at 04:37 AM.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 04:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Also a supply and demand issue. Even though the supply was low, demand does not exceed supply. Unless the supply gets really low or demand really picks up, they will never hold a premium price.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 04:52 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Last edited by FJF; Sep 28, 2010 at 04:52 AM. Reason: never mind
Old Sep 28, 2010, 04:58 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by FJF
Since you ask, I think you should review a basic Economics text. The price of a used Evo is countered by the plethora of available substitutes.

You want your Evo to maintain its value? Keep the car relatively stock, don't rack up the miles, and maintain the car to better than showroom standards. How many cars like this do you think there are compared to all the chopped up Evos out there? Get my drift?
Agreed. Econ 101 here. If you collective tried to raise the price of the car, eventually no one would be able to sell there car. And everyone lies/cheats/self-serves. You all would be raising your prices and others would be holding or lowering theirs. Who is going to sell their car first?

OE, low miles, clean, option models (SE, MR, RS) will command more.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 05:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL...to be honest, regardless what condition the car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Of course to the owner it has a certain value.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 05:43 AM
Evolving Member

well, from the rumors i heard is that mitsu is pulling the evo from the U.S., not confirmed but if that WERE to happen, that should bring the resale value back up some
Old Sep 28, 2010, 06:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by Earthen
LOL...to be honest, regardless what condition the car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Of course to the owner it has a certain value.
Agree 100% just like anything else.

Agreed again. Hell my car is worth 10k maybe and if someone offered me 20k cash I wouldn't sell it. Way too much blood, sweat, and tears.

They say everything is for sale but no one could or would pay enough for me to sell mine.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
Originally Posted by FJF

Originally Posted by SmikeEvo
Agreed. Econ 101 here. If you collective tried to raise the price of the car, eventually no one would be able to sell there car. And everyone lies/cheats/self-serves. You all would be raising your prices and others would be holding or lowering theirs. Who is going to sell their car first?

OE, low miles, clean, option models (SE, MR, RS) will command more.
These two comments really sum this up.

When it comes down to it, you can ask whatever you want for your car. If you are looking to manipulate the price, realistically it is not going to happen.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by 4bangn
well, from the rumors i heard is that mitsu is pulling the evo from the U.S., not confirmed but if that WERE to happen, that should bring the resale value back up some
Even if that was to happen there would still be an x amount of time until quantity demanded was higher if ever than quantity supplied.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fantastic thread OP. We are all now dumber having read it.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 02:40 PM

for a lot of people the bank is the one who says what the car is worth. depending on age, mileage,and condition is what the bank looks at to give you a loan for the vehicle. If you are asking 30k for a 7 yr old vehicle that was 35k new no bank will give that loan. even if every person raised their price the Nada and blue-book values would not change.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 04:15 PM
Account Disabled

You guys know about penny stock
manipulation?
Old Sep 28, 2010, 04:27 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MR. EVO MR
You guys know about penny stock
manipulation?
Are you thinking of going public with your VIII?

Quick Reply: Why not ask more $$$$ when selling an EVO?