Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Need Inspection But "Seonsors NOT Ready"

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2010, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Typical drive cycle is NO WOT, not even 3/4 after a clear or reset.

Idle for 5-10 min, drive 30mph 5 miles, 45 for around 5 miles, bring car back to idle for 10 min. shut off car for 5-10 min. Drive NORMAL. and end of that drive you should have almost all readyness codes set except for Evap and secondary air. Let vehicle sit overnight and drive(Granny) do not go over 50 MPH for ten miles.

Anyway, the best way I think, is to get a Generic scanner and watch the readyness icons. I have an Innova I bought from Sears that I use.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by spinninall4
the screen for the inspection station said that there were too many sensors not ready, so im not sure which ones arent ready. any idea on where i could find that information about the cycle process? i cant seem to find any websites on that.
I have no clue man, I found them one day surfing this forum so it's somewhere around here.

You don't have a check engine light on do you? Go to autozone and see which sensor is not ready. Maybe there's a problem with a sensor somewhere. I find it weird you drive over 100 miles and the sensors are not ready.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
i just have them all set pass and ready.. never any problems?

is that an option in v7?
Old Oct 26, 2010, 09:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 4RETECH
Typical drive cycle is NO WOT, not even 3/4 after a clear or reset.

Idle for 5-10 min, drive 30mph 5 miles, 45 for around 5 miles, bring car back to idle for 10 min. shut off car for 5-10 min. Drive NORMAL. and end of that drive you should have almost all readyness codes set except for Evap and secondary air. Let vehicle sit overnight and drive(Granny) do not go over 50 MPH for ten miles.

Anyway, the best way I think, is to get a Generic scanner and watch the readyness icons. I have an Innova I bought from Sears that I use.

Thanks for the info, im definitely going to try that right now and ill let it sit overnight and bring it to the inspection place tomorrow and ill let u guys know how it goes
Old Oct 27, 2010, 10:29 AM

ok so i went to the inspections station today after doing what 4RETECH said. there are still too many "Not Ready" codes. i have a list of what codes are ready and not-Ready:
Misfire: Ready
Fuel system: Ready
Comprehensive Component: Ready
catalyst: Not Ready
Heated Catalyst: Not Available
Evaporative System: Ready
Secondary air system: Not Available
A/C System: Not Available
02 sensor: Not Ready
02 sesor heater: Ready
EGR System: Not Ready

I DO have a 02 spacer for the 02 sensor on the test pipe that i have.
any ideas on how i can make these other sensors Ready????
Old Oct 27, 2010, 10:31 AM

NC state allows 2 not ready codes to pass
Old Oct 27, 2010, 11:07 AM

what i did was that i went back to the tuning place where the cars been tuned with the papers that said which sensors weren't turned on that the smog person gave me, and showed it to the person who tuned my car, the tuner went into the system and fixed all the bugs for me. having the test pipe on.
Misfire: Ready
Fuel system: Ready
Comprehensive Component: Ready
catalyst: Not Ready
Heated Catalyst: Not Available
Evaporative System: Ready
Secondary air system: Not Available
A/C System: Not Available
02 sensor: Not Ready
02 sesor heater: Ready
EGR System: Not Ready
i had the 02 sensor and some other sensor not on. not sure about the other sensors though. best bet would be to take off the test pipe, slap on the cat, go to tuning company, fix the CEL light problem, cause the o2 sensor was off, and the CEL didn't come on and i had a test pipe on. maybe this would help.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by 06MRericctho
what i did was that i went back to the tuning place where the cars been tuned with the papers that said which sensors weren't turned on that the smog person gave me, and showed it to the person who tuned my car, the tuner went into the system and fixed all the bugs for me. having the test pipe on.
i had the 02 sensor and some other sensor not on. not sure about the other sensors though. best bet would be to take off the test pipe, slap on the cat, go to tuning company, fix the CEL light problem, cause the o2 sensor was off, and the CEL didn't come on and i had a test pipe on. maybe this would help.
there is no CEL on tho... could it be still why its not reading because of the no cat?
Old Oct 27, 2010, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
sounds like things are disabled via perhrie bits.. and its causing your problem..
Old Oct 27, 2010, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by xRoguex
sounds like things are disabled via perhrie bits.. and its causing your problem..
It does, because you need a working O2 to be ready for the Cat monitor to be ready. Someone has probably diabled it in the ECU and now it will never pass readyness, no matter how much you drive it. Hence the straight pipe and no check engine light on.

Try to see if another member here can get your ROM read and send it to someone to get this worked out.

Good Luck.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 06:35 PM

bringing it to the tuner again tomorrow. we'll see what happens then.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 03:07 PM

im gunna put a cat back on my car and put the o2 sensor in there and plug the one after the cat and see if that will help to reset one code( thats all i need) hopefully it will work...
Old Oct 28, 2010, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
if the o2 sensor is disabled to begin with then its just not going to turn on no matter how many miles you drive or how many times you change out parts. It has to be done within the ECU
Old Oct 29, 2010, 02:29 AM

Yea,the same thing happened with me too. The CEL wasn't on and I found out the previous owner turned it off so the CEL won't come on with the test pipe on. Just go to the tuner and see if he can turn it back on for you, I'm sure that's your problem
Old Oct 29, 2010, 12:39 PM

I just went through the same thing. I got my tuner to turn off the CEL for the cat/O2 but that made it so that it was never ready, even after weeks of driving. There is a fix for this, though, if you have ECUflash: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...us-mrfred.html

This seemed to work for me. My OBDII reader now says it is ready to pass inspection but the real test will be when I take it in for an actual inspection next week.

Quick Reply: Need Inspection But "Seonsors NOT Ready"