Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Need Inspection But "Seonsors NOT Ready"

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2010, 07:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Inspection But "Seonsors NOT Ready"

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I am new to this site and this is my first post. I have a 2005 Evolution 8 and i had just got a brand new transmission in my car. I know that you have to drive it X amount of miles before all of the sensors reset but I've put over 1k miles on it and it still reads "not ready". The gentleman at the inspection center told me that it will eventually reset but he also told me that when i only had 200 miles on it. What could it be? Also, i DO have a custom flash on the ECU. Could that be the problem on why it isnt resetting? the check engine light is NOT on either. Any ideas or help would be great! THANKS!
Old Oct 22, 2010, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Who did your flash? You can easily set everything to "ready" in the tune depending on what is or is not enabled in your ECU. Contact a tuner on the site or wait for one to chime in. I'm sure for a small fee one would take the time to update your ROM and set all the stuff to ready. What do you have emissions wise on your car? What isn't reading ready? o2? cat? egr? e-mail me your rom file - mattheww1978@hotmail.com and I'll take a quick look, it's very easy to set up...
Attached Thumbnails Need Inspection But "Seonsors NOT Ready"-obd2.jpg  
Old Oct 22, 2010, 08:22 AM

i had my flash done in New York by No Limit Motorsports. What is ROM? and how can i access that myself? and for the not ready i beleive the guy said everything was not ready when he hooked up the obd2. i have no cat but i do have the spacer for the o2 sensor.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Do you log or flash your own car? You need a laptop, logging cable, etc or to find a member locally to help you out with this. You need to pull your map and have it looked at by a tuner. Have you talked to No Limit about pulling your map for you? Not sure if they'd do the obd2 thing or not but if they can pull your map they can email it to you and have it sent to someone to edit.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 12:38 PM
Evolving Member

you have to put it through different cycles.you cant just drive it and put many miles and it'll be ready. try turning it on and of many times.that's what i had to do to mine.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 01:08 PM

ive turned it on and off alot of times, i think im going to go to the local DSM tuner around here and have him look at my map
Old Oct 22, 2010, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by 05blue8
Do you log or flash your own car? You need a laptop, logging cable, etc or to find a member locally to help you out with this. You need to pull your map and have it looked at by a tuner. Have you talked to No Limit about pulling your map for you? Not sure if they'd do the obd2 thing or not but if they can pull your map they can email it to you and have it sent to someone to edit.
no i do not flash my own car, i wonder if no limit still has my map in their system. its been about 2 years since i got it tuned but i guess ill give them a call to see if they have it, if not ill go to my local tuner. thanks for the info tho buddy i really appreciate it!
Old Oct 22, 2010, 02:40 PM

do you have a test pipe or something? cause when i did my smog, the o2 sensors wasn't turned on from the tune, and i had to have a tuner turn it back on for me. not sure if this helps or not?
Old Oct 22, 2010, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by 06MRericctho
do you have a test pipe or something? cause when i did my smog, the o2 sensors wasn't turned on from the tune, and i had to have a tuner turn it back on for me. not sure if this helps or not?
yeah i have a test pipe with the o2 spacer on it. i definitely have to take it to my tuner and have them turn it on, thats probably the problem im having after hearing what other people had to say.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 03:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There's specific instructions for each sensor that you can do to have that certain sensor be "ready" cuts time down a lot and doesn't require you to put a certain amount of miles. Unfortunetly, I don't know them. If you search I'm sure you'll find them. Theres certain steps you do for each sensor like holding revs at 3k rpm for 30 seconds and turning off car 2 times, stuff like that.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 01:41 PM

i heard a fowler works on a test pipe? not quite sure, but my friends were telling me it's to extend the o2 sensor out, but you have to drill something??? that way the o2 sensor catches very little air, basically a bigger spacer. i'm not sure, hope this info helps.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 01:40 PM

Alright, so i went to the local tuner here in NC and he reset all of the things on my computer and turned on the neccesary sensors that werent being read by the inspection station. He said it would be fine now and it should reset after i drive it for a little bit so it can now finally reset everything. I have driven it for 101 miles now, and me(being the inpatient human being i am) go directly to the inspection station. it still said too many sensors are not reading...am i being impatient and not realizing it could take more miles to reset or is there something wrong with my computer? this sux guys and any advise would be great.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 03:15 PM

also how many miles does it usually take to reset on an evo?
Old Oct 26, 2010, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
50-100 miles should do it. But it's not really about the miles. Like I said before, there's certain deive cycles that need to be takin for the sensor to be ready.

Get your hands on a workshop manual and read up on how to set the sensor to ready.

What sensors are showing up as not ready?
Old Oct 26, 2010, 07:02 PM

the screen for the inspection station said that there were too many sensors not ready, so im not sure which ones arent ready. any idea on where i could find that information about the cycle process? i cant seem to find any websites on that.

Quick Reply: Need Inspection But "Seonsors NOT Ready"