Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I HATE thieves!!! What a way to start 2011!!!

Old Jan 2, 2011, 11:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
thanks guys! unfortunatly, my insurance wont cover the damage... i suppose its a "perk" of having really crappy insurance...oh well... ill just have to SLOWLY replace everything that was taken....

it happened at sb raceway in san bernardino.. and no cameras anywhere in the area.. as for them taking something with my address... i hope not! i couldnt find any paperwork that was missing, or that had my new address! hell, i have my pink slip to my 64' dodge dart and my 91 rx7 in there, and they didnt take them (went to the dmv and just forgot to take them out ).

as for the tint question.... i do have tint, but when they smash your window with a boulder, the tint wont help much.. it got EVERYWHERE!

BLUH... still so damn pissed off
Old Jan 2, 2011, 11:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's insane. Sometimes having an Evo we don't look at the fact that we should all have alarm systems with pager remotes. Looking at this I think I might get that new viper that came out. Goodluck man.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 12:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BuBBasEVO
That's insane. Sometimes having an Evo we don't look at the fact that we should all have alarm systems with pager remotes. Looking at this I think I might get that new viper that came out. Goodluck man.
lol ur right on that.. i live in a honda community where thats pretty much wat u see.. and i never thought of an alarm cause these honda dudes busy taking their own **** lol.. but im looking to putting a nasty alarm this week.. cant keep ur guard down.. no matter where ur at..
Old Jan 2, 2011, 12:20 PM
Evolving Member

Wow that sucks man sorry to hear..Im guessing you were at a K1 track? which one?
Old Jan 2, 2011, 12:31 PM

That sucks! I had my car broken into a number of years ago. It still pisses me off when I think about it. I hope they get caught
Old Jan 2, 2011, 12:46 PM

fu**en *****es! dam dude u got lucky with the seats ther really nice....
Old Jan 2, 2011, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thats terrible. Too bad you weren't able to catch them.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 12:58 PM

O' by the way what kind of gages r those right under the center console
Old Jan 2, 2011, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
surprised you did not have a car alarm you need to get one asap also you really should not carry that much stuff in your car period man way to many good items. Also I know why you have quick disconnect steering wheel but if your leaving your car take it with you. You paid for that ability so use it. I know you will recover just sucks
Old Jan 2, 2011, 01:50 PM

Sorry to see this happen to anyone.
I cant even leave my car at the store for more then ten minutes.
I have an extreme case of paranoia with my evo and GST.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by 97 dsm 4g63
Your buddy should have went after them right away instead of running inside.
+1

Hey at least you still have the whole car, I've walked back to an empty parking spot in the past, protect ur ishhhh!
Old Jan 2, 2011, 02:06 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry to hear, one of the reasons i'll never live in Cali.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 02:27 PM

god damn !!!! im sure the stuff is up on ebay/CL for sale so keep an eye out .... u might get lucky ...sorry for your lost
Old Jan 2, 2011, 02:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dotman05
Wow that sucks man sorry to hear..Im guessing you were at a K1 track? which one?
no, it was at SB Raceway in san bernardino.. kindof a new track

Originally Posted by RockmanX
surprised you did not have a car alarm you need to get one asap also you really should not carry that much stuff in your car period man way to many good items. Also I know why you have quick disconnect steering wheel but if your leaving your car take it with you. You paid for that ability so use it. I know you will recover just sucks
yeah, i have lojack, and never tend to leave my car out where i cant see it... but an alarm is now top priority for me! and i usually dont have much stuff in my car (besides whats attached to it) i was just very unlucky and was taking a trunk load of stuff home from work.. and they took it all! as for the steering wheel... i know, i used to laugh at the people who would walk around with their steering wheels... but now that ive lost $400 because i didnt carry it with me, i will be doing the same thing from now on!

Originally Posted by 97 dsm 4g63
Your buddy should have went after them right away instead of running inside.

when he saw them, he was inside... he had to run down a hallway to the front door, and just yelled to us to get our butts out there! if it wasnt for him, we never would have seen them, and scared them off, and they would havegotten away with much much more than just what they got!

Last edited by vipers; Jan 2, 2011 at 03:00 PM.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 03:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by grillpt
Sorry the hear. Sounds like you scared them off before they totally stripped it though. Not a good way to start off the year.
+1

It sucks what they did but from the photos it looks like if they had more time they would have taken more stuff (seats and center gauges)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I HATE thieves!!! What a way to start 2011!!!