Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

how many dents and dings do u have on ur evo?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2011, 12:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On my 03' TB. every panel is dented and scratched. I FB. rattle canned my poorly fitting CF hood, and hacked up front and rear bumpers. My 4 year old is merciless on the interior and it looks ****ing bada$$

However... It also has a brand new built 2.0l, turbo +drivetrain. The engine compartment is spotless even in the North East during winter and my tune and suspension are dialed to perfection.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 01:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 95630706
On my 03' TB. every panel is dented and scratched. I FB. rattle canned my poorly fitting CF hood, and hacked up front and rear bumpers. My 4 year old is merciless on the interior and it looks ****ing bada$$

However... It also has a brand new built 2.0l, turbo +drivetrain. The engine compartment is spotless even in the North East during winter and my tune and suspension are dialed to perfection.
sounds pretty ghetto lol
Old Feb 5, 2011, 02:24 AM
Evolving Member

I have one mark from an orange cone from an HPDE. My car had everything fixed and was resprayed in November of 09
Old Feb 5, 2011, 03:05 AM
SUSPECTED SCAMMER

Originally Posted by Evoleader88
really? not even a tiny scractch on the body?
nope nothing not a single scratch, cars mint for 136k miles. The only thing is the front bumper which pisses me off! Going to get it fixed though when i get some cash saved up! just bought a fp black!
Old Feb 5, 2011, 11:45 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
i seriouly dont know why evo paint is so suck
I don't know if it's fair to blame the paint for owner-installed dents and dings.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you have a problem with the paint job, look into an acrylic sealant. Personally, I use Klasse on my cars and it goes double duty as a sealant and a finishing spray. The paint gets a great, deep look and my 2 silver cars in particular (Evo and Touareg), reflect light so well they look like they are glowing.

Also, don't forget to claybar at least 1x/yr (preferably more).
Old Feb 5, 2011, 12:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FJF
I don't know if it's fair to blame the paint for owner-installed dents and dings.
i can feel a big difference by jus touching the paints on my car and my friend 09 sti... seem like the newer car has thicker coat paint
Old Feb 5, 2011, 12:12 PM

Had the my evo since 06 and managed to keep it ding and scratch free for 3 years. In the summer of 09 I was at work while my car sat in the middle of the parki ng lot away from other cars. A co worker told me that a severe thunderstorm was on its way so i went outside to check out the sky. Sky was dark and the wind picked up and without warning quarter size hail started coming down. I just watched as the hail pounded my car for about 5 mins. Now my car has a bunch of small dents on every panel. You can only see them if your upclose and looking for them.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I had 2 small dings on my drivers door, but had a paintless dent guy come out and work his magic and it looked mint again.

Then like 2 weeks later, at the dealership when they do their walk around, hes like hey you got a ding on you passenger rear door. FML! Figures i fix one and get another, oh well. Looks lke i am making a phone call to the paintless dent guy again lol.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 12:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by styles
Had the my evo since 06 and managed to keep it ding and scratch free for 3 years. In the summer of 09 I was at work while my car sat in the middle of the parki ng lot away from other cars. A co worker told me that a severe thunderstorm was on its way so i went outside to check out the sky. Sky was dark and the wind picked up and without warning quarter size hail started coming down. I just watched as the hail pounded my car for about 5 mins. Now my car has a bunch of small dents on every panel. You can only see them if your upclose and looking for them.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 01:01 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

i can feel a big difference by jus touching the paints on my car and my friend 09 sti... seem like the newer car has thicker coat paint
As your friend's car is on '09, it's not a stretch to think that his paint is in much better shape than yours. Most likely, it feels smoother, more slick. You paint can feel like that, too, if not significantly better. It just takes a bit of effort and know-how.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 01:12 PM

I got a couple small dings and scratches and random spots I sometimes look at and say how the help did that get there lol.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 02:13 PM
Evolving Member

1 small door ding in the rear drivers side door from the first owner, otherwise the car is mint.

MY buddy has an 09 STI and his paint is just as ****ty as ours is. My 05 STI also had junk for paint.

Last edited by jdlewh; Feb 5, 2011 at 02:16 PM.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 02:25 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jdlewh
MY buddy has an 09 STI and his paint is just as ****ty as ours is.
I noticed your Evo is GG. Here's what GG paint looks like, when it's taken care of:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/pa...evo-ix-se.html

Honestly, guys, you want paint that looks good? Do something about it. Learn about paint care, get the right tools, learn how to use them, and your paint can look like this, too. Do you expect the car to change its own oil? Of course not. Paint won't maintain itself, either.

Old Feb 5, 2011, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by FJF
I noticed your Evo is GG. Here's what GG paint looks like, when it's taken care of:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/pa...evo-ix-se.html

Honestly, guys, you want paint that looks good? Do something about it. Learn about paint care, get the right tools, learn how to use them, and your paint can look like this, too. Do you expect the car to change its own oil? Of course not. Paint won't maintain itself, either.

I agree completely I just got my car a few months ago but it's got 65000 miles and not one dent I park back I. Bfe

Quick Reply: how many dents and dings do u have on ur evo?