Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Help me find this hood!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2011, 08:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have never cared about anyone else opinions but my mamas, all i asked for is someone to help me get this hood to WI so i can put it on my car.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 08:29 AM
Evolving Member

Man every car doesn't have the hole on the hood or holes on the evo 9 bumper because every car was designed and perfected like the evo 9 is lol and as far as getting pulled over goes all I can say is go wingless or keep the baby wing you have on now. Pos hondas and neon rev at any car that looks hook up or lowered lol they have nothing better to do but prove they beat this car and that one lol.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 08:36 AM
Evolving Member

Im the only evo for like 200 miles in all directions. Kids at the bar will be taking pictures all the time or even worste i see sketchy charactors checking it out all the time too. I stick out big time, Im through all the BR stages and im runing the HTA 73 green turbo. Everyone on the Rez can hear me when I hit it.

I would have already just cut the hole out and had someone weld in a peice of aluminum but the center of the evo 9 good has a little ridge that starts at the tip and slowly disipates so its nearly imposible have it replicated in my area.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Evo-7-Bonnet-J...item5197f75d79

There you go
Old Mar 5, 2011, 10:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would also be concerned about the heat under there. It probably does a lot more than you think. And not every car needs that so they don't put it on there. A turbo car does. Especially an upgraded turbo car.

But go for it.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by rayman0690
I would also be concerned about the heat under there. It probably does a lot more than you think. And not every car needs that so they don't put it on there. A turbo car does. Especially an upgraded turbo car.

But go for it.
thank you bro tried explaining this to him all morning!
Old Mar 5, 2011, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

Judging by your explanation, I understand why you want to do what you're saying. BUT, it's a really bad argument to say that parts of the car aren't purpose built. You not only have turbo'd car, but an UPGRADED car that produces more heat than it already did.

I agree that you should do (not that you needed my approval but I feel your pain), but also think about doing things to lower your underhood temps. (ceramic coatings, wraps, etc.)

Also, the best way to find that hood is to look at the Ebays and forums of the countries where you can find the hood. Expect to pay quite a bit. Good luck
Old Mar 5, 2011, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It should fit since you can interchange a VII hood on a GT-A. And you can put a VII hood on a VIII/IX.. You're not going to find one of those here in the US unless it's custom made. As someone stated above, you're going to get raped on the shipping charge..
Old Mar 6, 2011, 08:59 AM
Evolving Member

thank you evorado for helping me.

I get it that you guys are concerned about the heat but the GTR has 2 turbos and 0 hood scoops making way more power and Thus way more heat. Plus i didnt buy a BR Race front mount intercooler and MISHIMOTO radiator just for looks. I think that not having an undertray on my car is also worth at leaste 3 Evo hood holes worth of extra cooling as well.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 09:02 AM
Evolving Member

Plus i think it will be worth it to be the first guy to do this. I mean just how sick is a sleeper evo.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 09:34 AM
Evolving Member

Ugh Evorado found it but unfortunatally the guy is not willing to ship it to the states
Old Mar 6, 2011, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SwishaSweet
Ugh Evorado found it but unfortunatally the guy is not willing to ship it to the states
Try to convince him
I would've suggested you looked in the FS on lancerregister.com, but the site no longer lets everyone look at their for sale section, only paying members
Old Mar 6, 2011, 08:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
just like evoardo was saying... this is just a heads up.. the 7 hood will fit on the 9 yes, BUT, since the evo7 has a flat nose, when you install it on the 9 bumper, there will be a section of the 9 bumper that is going to protrude further than the hood itself.. the part that is covered by the curved 9 hood...it will stick out farther than the hood! i have a picture somewhere of a 7 hood on a bumper designed for a 8-9..and it looked terrible!

i will try to post the pic when i find it... all im trying to say is, if you want that hood, and for the car to not look completely retarded, youll either have to get the 7 front bumper as well, or cut the whole top section of the 8-9 bumper off (not recommended)
Old Mar 6, 2011, 08:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
here you go... this is a evo 8-9 cwest bumper on a 7 hood.... notice the big section sticking out past the hood... the stock 8-9 hood will do the same thing, minus the scoop..the curved hood covers that, the flat hood doesnt

and also, the 2 sections on either end of the grille, they dont line up at all either

Last edited by vipers; Mar 6, 2011 at 08:35 PM.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

If you just do wingless and red out some VIII tails, you'll be fine. I roll around my city like this and had a couple ppl think it was a lancer from behind with a huge exhaust. It's really hard to make these cars sleepers because of how their pre-rice cars from factory.