Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

A problem i had

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2011, 11:01 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A problem i had

This happened yesterday and was very strange. I was driving to pick up my friend. I parked the car and turned it off, friend came out 5 mins later. So we are ready to roll out. The car was in neutral, i put the key in and by mistake i turned the key all the way. Now for some reason the prev owner took out the switch so now the clutch dosent have to be depressed to start it up. Well it got one crank and then i heard a little popish noise from the bay. Now i have no power at all, nothing. I disconnect the neg terminal and reconnect it, starts up engine revs to like 4k then its all normal. Guess it was a freak accident, well now my 3 ACD lights are on . Drove to a little gas station and i called 4RETECH for his input, says maybe a fuse blew. Well i stay over my friend house for the night and when i start the car their isent anymore 3 lights. Everything seems fine now, just would like any ideas to what might of happened.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 08:40 PM
Evolving Member

bump, no one has a idea?
Old Mar 7, 2011, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So it's good now? Did you get a check engine light?
Old Mar 7, 2011, 09:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Remixx02
So it's good now? Did you get a check engine light?
100% good now and no engine light.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
that sounds weird... i've had a lot of bad luck with my car... but never this... but in case it happens again... when the 3 lights turn on, on your acd the car defaults to full open or full lock depending on the condition... its not exactly harmful to the car to drive... but if it continues it needs to be serviced... unless the ACD reservoir is empty... then it is harmful... obviously...

the sensor for the ACD pump is extremely sensitive so you may randomly get three lights... its happen to me while cruising... hard driving... idling... and on start up both after a long sit or short stop... as for the pop sound... idk... could be a lot of thing... from misfire to to just about anything... why you lost power... the world may never know
Old Mar 7, 2011, 10:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by joseph143
that sounds weird... i've had a lot of bad luck with my car... but never this... but in case it happens again... when the 3 lights turn on, on your acd the car defaults to full open or full lock depending on the condition... its not exactly harmful to the car to drive... but if it continues it needs to be serviced... unless the ACD reservoir is empty... then it is harmful... obviously...

the sensor for the ACD pump is extremely sensitive so you may randomly get three lights... its happen to me while cruising... hard driving... idling... and on start up both after a long sit or short stop... as for the pop sound... idk... could be a lot of thing... from misfire to to just about anything... why you lost power... the world may never know
When i lost power my clock, radio and inter lights worked, engine would not crank at all.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 10:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Loose wire? Loosing ground somewhere? At least the ACD lights are back to normal!
Old Mar 7, 2011, 10:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SAVAGEcorpsman
Loose wire? Loosing ground somewhere? At least the ACD lights are back to normal!
Gata look at that, where are the stock grounds? Maybe it could be my battery or the connections? Since i disconnected and reconnected the neg it worked again.