Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

why dosnt any1 use hks parts

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2011, 12:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why dosnt any1 use hks parts

Y dosnt any 1 use hks parts i know there a little expensive but is it worth it gain wise
Old Mar 10, 2011, 12:42 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have a vpro installed on my 8
Old Mar 10, 2011, 12:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't use HKS because I am not Japanese... Also because there is more support with american products with my local tuners.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 12:56 AM

what do you mean? Ive seen plenty of hks parts floating around on peoples cars. maybe not turbos because i believe there are better options out there, but cams, gears, exhaust, intake. they are around trust me. just like ARC, rare but not impossible to find.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 01:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im a big fan of HKS. Love their parts on my car.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 03:23 AM
Evolved Member

Because HKS parts are stupid overpriced because they say HKS on them. Look at their cams, there are much better cams out there that will make more power for less money. With HKS you are paying for a name.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 05:47 AM
chu
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tkklemann
Because HKS parts are stupid overpriced because they say HKS on them. Look at their cams, there are much better cams out there that will make more power for less money. With HKS you are paying for a name.
Not any different with AMS, CBRD, Buschur, etc if you think about it.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 05:50 AM
Evolved Member

I'm actually about to install their twin disc clutch. I'm not much of a brand junky, I just look for the best deals.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 06:08 AM

HKS makes good quality parts but there's so much competition these days so people get more choices
Old Mar 10, 2011, 06:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
I love HKS! Their parts are on both my cars (see sig. below) I just added their Cam Gear, Timing & Balancing Belts on The Evo. More to come.

Last edited by NJ9MR; Mar 10, 2011 at 06:26 AM.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 06:20 AM
Evolved Member

Other companies make better performing products, ex:cams, turbos, intercoolers. HKS makes good stuff, just not the best, IMO not worth the extra cost to have HKS on it. Dynos and timeslips tell the story..
Old Mar 10, 2011, 06:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by chu
Not any different with AMS, CBRD, Buschur, etc if you think about it.
Umm, yes, quite a bit.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by tkklemann
WTF are you talking about? People talk crap on the HKS cams because the GSC's, the kelfords, the buschurs, etc... make more power but look at when those were developed the HKS cams have been around for like 10 years now. If these other companies didn't outperform the HKS cams I would be dissapointed. Also I haven't seen any dyno results for the new HKS cams but I suspect they will do well and be competitive with many of the newer cams.

HKS makes quality parts that hold up and do well. However there are alot of options out there. Why would anyone buy an exhaust premade from anyone when you can get one done at most exhaust shops for $300ish?

HKS stuff looks good, performs well, and generally speaking lasts a long time. I've had various parts of their's on several of my cars over the years and never been dissapointed.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 06:29 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah i have had plenty of their parts on my car and have had great results with matching up their products with one another. HKS turbo kit, HKS cams, HKS head gasket, HKS cam gears, HKS kevlar belts, HKS ignition, HKS downpipe, etc. Although most have come off in favor of some sweet AMS stuff :P

Aaron
Old Mar 10, 2011, 06:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SAVAGEcorpsman
I don't use HKS because I am not Japanese... Also because there is more support with american products with my local tuners.
Better sell your evo then i guess...and get a ford focus. Hate to break it you but the evo is Japaneses

I run the DLI 2 onmy car and never had a problem with spark blow out. The new hks cams are alot better then the "old" ones also.

Don't get me wrong i love supporting American products and shops...so i spread the love

Quick Reply: why dosnt any1 use hks parts