Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

retuning after ported parts install?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2011, 04:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
retuning after ported parts install?

Would adding ported parts (intake mani, exhaust mani, t.b., turbo housing) after a tune affect it a lot? Is it worth getting retuned for just installing those parts? Thinking about getting some parts ported but wondering if a retune after is necessary.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 05:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
It wouldn't hurt, as you may be able to run a tad more timing, and A/F will most likely be off a bit...
Old Mar 12, 2011, 08:56 AM
Evolving Member

I would definitely get a tune, the ported parts are going to allow you to flow more air which in turn will lean your afr out. By how much its tough to say, but better to be safe than sorry. Also you won't be able take full advantage of the porting without a tune, as the above person said.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Eclipse4651
I would definitely get a tune, the ported parts are going to allow you to flow more air which in turn will lean your afr out. By how much its tough to say, but better to be safe than sorry. Also you won't be able take full advantage of the porting without a tune, as the above person said.
^^ What he said!! Did you do the porting yourself? Installing or porting out your exsisting exhaust mani and o2 pipe is going to increase flow.. So, to be on the safe side I would say yes!!
Old Mar 12, 2011, 05:11 PM
Evolving Member

I got a before and after dyno run while I was putting on my ported and coated exhaust mani and noticed that boost held on a significant amout longer. I would get a tune as said before you don't want to be running lean...