Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

What would I need to take a new camaro ss?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2011, 08:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stock 2010 ss runs 13.35 at 109 I kno bc I had one, with borla exhaust n k&n intake ran 13.19 at 112, got video if u wanna see it. But with basic bolt ons and a good driver you should beat him, a highway roll to 100-130 is a way different story. (traded it in for an Evo, best choice ever!)
Old Mar 18, 2011, 09:08 PM
Evolving Member

That's insane 112 MPH trap speed but only 13.19 1/4 that car IS a boat.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by ct9asilver
That's insane 112 MPH trap speed but only 13.19 1/4 that car IS a boat.
It could've been a little better if I launched it at more then 4000rpm but in sport mode it's too easy to break loose, the car just lack that wow factor like we have with Evo's.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 07:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seen this Gunmetal Camaro SS running around town for awhile...had some bs plates saying Woundup or something like that. Anyway finally ran in to him and his wife cruising. I just got done doing my winter de-tune along with snow tires and less boost 28psi...so my ride was not in battle mode...anyway i gently pass him on the left...not looking for a race yet...he's a little froggey i guess cause he whomps the throttle a little to jump up to me...at this point i can tell it has a supercharger and some exhaust work....so i tell me self...."self do we embarras this guy with his lady in the car"......YES!

I ramp my revs up to let him know what's up......and he's game.....so we go....within 2-3 seconds i had a bus lenght on him and pulling....we get to a light....his wife is chuckling and he's saying "that is f-ing fast a hell man"...."how many pounds you pushing with that e85"....i ask him what's done to Camaro. He said it had a SC with cams,headers...and some head work...the lights fixing to change an he said.."i'm not going to even try to go from a dig with that evo"....just another gear head...good guy!

So yes go get you some OP!!!
Old Mar 19, 2011, 08:04 AM

I ran a 12.2 at 114.3 in my GTO with 430whp with a 1.8 60ft on street tires. if he has any giggle juice beware......
Old Mar 19, 2011, 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Meh, fastest i've seen a stock one do up here is 13.33 at xxx mph (i can't remember). They are a tank of a car and need A LOT of hp to get going. From a Dig its a no contest, even with his light mods.....the only chace he might have is if he gets you from a roll and he has more mods then you stated.

IMO you should wax him....then again we have no clue what he has done to his Camero....so really who the heck knows
Old Mar 19, 2011, 10:04 PM
Evolving Member

Prolly more of a power to the track issue than mods. Yours sound good. What rear wheels / tires suspension does he and you have ? Bench Racing FTW
Old Mar 20, 2011, 01:14 AM
Evolving Member

all this talk is getting me excited .... cNt wait . gotta try to get this on video... right now my car is getting a complete color change and then its on to getting everything back together... ill keep posted .......
Old Mar 20, 2011, 09:10 AM

Point is its an apples to oranges comparison. You are heavily modified with a stroker motor, bigger turbo, cams, etc. If he had similar mods it would be a much better comparison. I had turbo dodge neon that ran a high 11 second in the 1/4. You can make anything fast if you put $ into it...

So yes your evo with 10k in mods should take a mostly stock SS. But would it take an SS with 10k in mods?

Last edited by henrys; Mar 20, 2011 at 09:12 AM.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVUOOEnRBbQ

heres a video of me smoking a 2010 SS Camaro at the track last summer. My mods are in my sig and im running E85. He wasnt stock I believe he said he had a cam, exhaust and a tune pushing about 410whp...watch how much I pull on him lap by lap
Old Mar 20, 2011, 02:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BoostINurI
Seen this Gunmetal Camaro SS running around town for awhile...had some bs plates saying Woundup or something like that. Anyway finally ran in to him and his wife cruising. I just got done doing my winter de-tune along with snow tires and less boost 28psi...so my ride was not in battle mode...anyway i gently pass him on the left...not looking for a race yet...he's a little froggey i guess cause he whomps the throttle a little to jump up to me...at this point i can tell it has a supercharger and some exhaust work....so i tell me self...."self do we embarras this guy with his lady in the car"......YES!

I ramp my revs up to let him know what's up......and he's game.....so we go....within 2-3 seconds i had a bus lenght on him and pulling....we get to a light....his wife is chuckling and he's saying "that is f-ing fast a hell man"...."how many pounds you pushing with that e85"....i ask him what's done to Camaro. He said it had a SC with cams,headers...and some head work...the lights fixing to change an he said.."i'm not going to even try to go from a dig with that evo"....just another gear head...good guy!

So yes go get you some OP!!!
Cool story yo, love hearing about our 4 bangers takin on the old pushrods with ease. I was in a similar scenario with a stock SS, I was passin him when he got jumpy and matched me right away, I saw the yellow signs indicating curves ahead, I smiled at him and waved goodbye! droped to 3rd full throttle and let the car and my steering input do the work. He tried to keep up, it was one of those multi curves that signs try to tell ya "55mph", he was relentless, i could see from my rearview mirror some tire smoke from trying to muscle in that boat of a car into a semi staight path along the way. By the end of the last turn I smashed on the gas, by this time he was about a bus lenght behind me, tried to keep up on the straight by flooring it like i did but it was to late, i had gotten a head start.

Anyways referring to the post, If you have mastered the launch technique on your EVO then youll have absolutly no problem defeating that monstrous LS3.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 02:55 PM

You got it already. You will destroy him. We need some video of this also(if its gonna be on the track.)
Old Mar 20, 2011, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DirtyEvoVIII
You got it already. You will destroy him. We need some video of this also(if its gonna be on the track.)
+1 for video!
Old Mar 21, 2011, 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TurboTim06

heres a video of me smoking a 2010 SS Camaro at the track last summer. My mods are in my sig and im running E85. He wasnt stock I believe he said he had a cam, exhaust and a tune pushing about 410whp...watch how much I pull on him lap by lap
Nice vid. Muscle cars are fun cars too, and I love any type of modified car, but its hard to beat turbocharged AWD on a road course.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TurboTim06

verrry nice video...wow.... as far as getting this on tape i will try my hardest....like i said right now the car is getting a color change and will be put back together. meantime i will send the tc to get a stage 2 done by shep...

Quick Reply: What would I need to take a new camaro ss?