Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

broken side view mirror lense, how to fix?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2011, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
broken side view mirror lense, how to fix?

Well this might seem like a simple problem/solution but after no luck with searches and no luck finding parts, I figured id turn to the community for a little help. I backed out of my garage the other day and smashed my passanger mirror backwards. The weird thing is it didn't even scratch the actual mirror housing, but destroyed the lense inside of it. I dont really see how to dissassemble it, and even if I did I cant seem to find replacement lenses or a whole mirror for that matter. Obviously any imput would be super helpful because im not finding much. Thanks in advance,

oh and P.S, yes I am in another EVO again
Old Jun 13, 2011, 09:09 PM
Evolved Member

ok I spoke too soon because I found the actual OEM part for 37.00 on mitsubishiparts.net but I still dont see how to take the mirror off correctly.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 04:33 AM

I've had to replace both my driver's and passenger mirror lenses over the past couple years. The lenses for both sides come out pretty easily. All you really have to do is somehow get a good grip behind the lense and give it a good pull. The broken lense should pop out of the clips that's holding it in the housing without any trouble. Putting the new lenses in are just as easy too. Line up the grooves on the back of the lenses with the holes in the mirror housing and push it in firmly. The lense should snap into place and done.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 06:19 AM

Had a similar problem too, got a replacement on ebay oem spec. I was alittle skeptical about forcing the bracket off so I smashed the old mirror and then fitted the new one. was done in 15 mins. Be careful when removing the broken mirror though.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

^^^^ awesome info I really appreciate it!
Old Aug 2, 2014, 02:11 AM

Need some help

I know it's a blast from the past but I'm trying to find the passenger side lens, I have no idea how but some a hole smashed it, can one of you guys give me the part # you used for just the passenger side lens and where you bought it from? Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 3, 2014, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by DarkEvoSe
I know it's a blast from the past but I'm trying to find the passenger side lens, I have no idea how but some a hole smashed it, can one of you guys give me the part # you used for just the passenger side lens and where you bought it from? Thanks in advance!
In for part number same issue
Old Aug 11, 2014, 06:14 PM

I found a replacement one on amazon (just typed in 2006 Mitsubishi lancer Evo 9 pass. side view mirror) and ordered it for only like $9 a couple days ago so it should be here soon. The only drawback is that the reviews said the adhesive stuff that comes with it isn't that good so I'm looking for something else to use in place of it.