Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Pics: Cleaned up the engine bay wiring for relocated battery.

Old Jul 9, 2011, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Pics: Cleaned up the engine bay wiring for relocated battery.

Here is a little project I have been undertaking on my spare time on weekends. I have had my battery relocated to the trunk for a while now. Previously I have been using 2 gauge cable that has been performing fine. The only issue is that I was not happy with the quality of the cable I had used at the time. It did the job fine but it was a really unflexible, napa bulk cable.
One other issue I have is that the fusebox that goes over the stock positive battery terminal was bascially just covered up and zip tied in its same general location. This again worked fine, but I wanted something a little cleaner and more secure.

Here are some pics :

I replaced the napa 2 gauge with Stinger Pro series 0 gauge. For anyone interested in length, I purchases 15 ft. This will give you enough slack to be able to route your setup wherever you wish, imo. Because the sheathing on the Pro series flexes more, its lighter, and all in all the 0 gauge was not much heavier than the 2 gauge. maybe just a couple pounds if that.

I decided to route it using the grommet in the pass side firewall next the the abs module. Plenty of room even for a 0 gauge cable. I then routed up around the acd module and through the floor area as you can see in the pics.

This is some of the wiring I wanted to clean up and re route a bit, along with the fusebox that isnt pictured. I didnt like the way it dangled near the shifter cables either.

Heres a pic where I got it cleaned up a little more. The engine bay is all torn apart, sorry. Notice around the shifter cable area, now its not so clustered of wires. Still in progress but looking better.

for the fusebox itself, sorry if I have been calling it the wrong name, thats just what it is to me--haha.. I used a electrical box that I sourced out at Home depot. I painted it black so it could blend in the engine bay a little better.

Here it is in its final mounted position. It clears the oem strut tower bar and intake manifold and tucked away where nothing should get near it. My finishing touch was to cap off the positive side and put in a 'positive' label on it. thats just what I found laying around that would fit snug and protect it.

Its still a work in progress. I want to make some custom brackets to mount my batt in the trunk and finish cleaning up the wiring a bit. Hope you enjoyed these pics. Let me know what you think.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 12:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice work. Can't wait to see the finished product.