Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

buschur inline mbc install how to?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2011, 04:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
For me the install seems a bit easier if you "T" into the DV/IM hose for a boost reference source instead of using the compressor discharge tube nipple. This way you just plug off the compressor discharge tube's nipple and "T" into the IM/DV hose. With this method you can reach everything from above and there is no need to get under the car.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
You can reach everything from above anyways, but I also did my intake at the same time so it was off anyways

This pictures was taken looking down into the engine bay on the drivers side. the intake tube and filter were off the car:
-cap these two. this is your stock boost controller thing-a-ma-jig and won't be used anymore. i don't remember exactly but i believe the short tube attached to this goes to the intake tube, the long one goes to the turbo nipple and wastegate
buschur inline mbc install how to?-hs1crl.jpg

This picture was taken looking over the driver fender into the engine bay, you can see the turbo intake in the top right and the left side of the picture is where the radiator would be
-the left line is the wastegate, the right line is the turbo nipple. obviously i took this picture after disconnecting the wastegate line but you can see where it goes. the turbo nipple line will go INTO the boost controller, the wastegate line will attach to the outlet portion of the mbc. so Turbo Nipple -> MBC Inlet and MBC Outlet -> Wastegate
buschur inline mbc install how to?-niduwl.jpg

Last edited by llDemonll; Jul 27, 2011 at 08:09 AM.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 09:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for all the help + pictures guys... and thanks Demon for those pictures... wish I had them last night they would have helped a lot haha.

I actually ended up doing it last night. I had originally jacked up the car and was doing it from underneath because I had read that was easier... boy was I wrong. When I tried doing it from above it was 100x easier. I just had to remove the intake and upper intercooler piping which was really easy... I actually enjoy doing it haha.

Hopefully this can become a thread that will help other new people trying to install an mbc...

I'm more of a visual learner than a reader... I hate books anyway
Old Jul 27, 2011, 09:15 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
btw this thread : https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...-solenoid.html

has GREAT pictures...