Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Looking at a used evo 9 (evo noob)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2011, 10:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It would be fun to test drive but that's as far as I would go with it. Nothing worse than taking over some ones failed project and the more time passes while its in your possesion the more flaws you will find.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by EvoTeyn
^^Reposessed? sounds like the guy spent all his money on the car instead of actually making his payments. I say just keep on searching, you'll find one eventually, might be local, might be cross country.
Ok I guess I'll just wait for another one to show up. Thanks for all your help! It is much appreciated.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 10:54 PM
Evolving Member

By the way anyone else notice the engine torque damper :P
Old Jul 27, 2011, 10:57 PM
Evolving Member

The more I look at it the more things I notice. Like after market radiator and no fan in behind it. Buddy should have parted it out IMO
Old Jul 27, 2011, 11:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EV0L-IX-MR
The more I look at it the more things I notice. Like after market radiator and no fan in behind it. Buddy should have parted it out IMO
To bad it got reposessed
Old Jul 27, 2011, 11:03 PM
Evolving Member

To bad it got reposessed
I know we could have gotten some sweet deals on a few parts. And he would have been able to keep it lol.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 11:18 PM

Also just another question was anyone able to figure out what these blue buttons are? (near the E-brake)

Old Jul 27, 2011, 11:24 PM
Evolving Member

Fast mode super fast mode and super extra fast mode. Couldn't tell you man you'd have to find what its wired to. Judging by that gay tach it might be buttons for underglow or something even worse.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by ev0l-ix-mr
fast mode super fast mode and super extra fast mode. Couldn't tell you man you'd have to find what its wired to. Judging by that gay tach it might be buttons for underglow or something even worse.
lmao
Old Jul 27, 2011, 11:34 PM
Evolving Member

I looked at some more pictures of it on Auto Trader and there's something weird going on in the trunk lol.
Are you opposed to ship from Cali? http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
Old Jul 27, 2011, 11:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Fast mode super fast mode and super extra fast mode. Couldn't tell you man you'd have to find what its wired to. Judging by that gay tach it might be buttons for underglow or something even worse.

Gotta be nitrous purge
Old Jul 28, 2011, 12:17 AM

I looked at some more pictures of it on Auto Trader and there's something weird going on in the trunk lol.
Are you opposed to ship from Cali? http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
not sure what you meant about the trunk? are you sure you were looking at the car I'm talking about? here is the ad for it on cars.com

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...5&aff=national

also omgggg ittsss beauuutiful. (the evo mr you linked) But sadly there is no way I would be shipping a car from Cali to NY. too bad its not closer to me I would DEFINITELY pick that car up, it looks immaculate. by the way this one looks all stock, is that correct?

edit: just realized it looks like an aftermarket exhaust.

Last edited by SixersFan64; Jul 28, 2011 at 12:20 AM.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 12:24 AM

Also I know this is sort of off topic and this question has been asked 148248x times, but can anyone tell me if the MR shifts smoother than the GSR? I've also heard that the GSR tranny is more notchy, but is a lot stronger. I know that the MR can only handle up to around 400tq, and then there's a lot of problems, but I don't plan on modding that much that's why I'm sort of leaning towards the MR vs the GSR. (Also the BBS wheels are a lot nicer IMO)

anyone have any input on this issue?
Old Jul 28, 2011, 12:31 AM
Evolving Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Also I know this is sort of off topic and this question has been asked 148248x times, but can anyone tell me if the MR shifts smoother than the GSR? I've also heard that the GSR tranny is more notchy, but is a lot stronger. I know that the MR can only handle up to around 400tq, and then there's a lot of problems, but I don't plan on modding that much that's why I'm sort of leaning towards the MR vs the GSR. (Also the BBS wheels are a lot nicer IMO)

Not sure about how the 6-speed shifts, but I've heard it shifts really smoothly. Never had the chance to try it for myself though. However, I run the Redline fluid cocktail (2 quarts 75W-90, 1 quart MTL) and my 5-speed shifts really well now, compared to when I first bought the car lol

Also, the SE models come with BBS wheels as well.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 12:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SixersFan64

Nvm on the trunk, took awhile for my eyes to adjust lol, I thought those were big wires instead of floor mats. I think the GSR shifts fine but then again I have a shep built 5-speed (thanks previous owner haha) The only thing I've heard bad about the gsr tranny (atleast older models) is that the synchros go out rather fast (5th especially, and 2nd gear). And yeah the MR stock tranny is somewhat weak and can't handle higher tq numbers, but if you plan on DD your MR you'll love the 6th gear (highway DD driving), some days I wish I had a 6th gear, but nothing wrong with instant boost on the highway haha
* Forgot to add that GSR shifts really smooth with better shifter bushings

Last edited by EvoTeyn; Jul 28, 2011 at 12:35 AM.

Quick Reply: Looking at a used evo 9 (evo noob)