Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: Who should be in a magazine shootout?
Only Vishnu vs Dynoflash
14.29%
All \"tuners\" who have a shop and staff
37.36%
All \"tuners\" who have at least 3 options to offer
16.48%
Anyone who wants to participate
31.87%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Vishnu vs Dynoflash vs??? in SCC magazine: POLL

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2004, 10:03 PM
LDB
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vishnu vs Dynoflash vs??? in SCC magazine: POLL

OK, this is not meant to become the pissing contest the previous thread became. This is meant ONLY to gauge interest in content for SCC, or any other magazine for that matter, to use in hopefully choosing to give us more and better coverage.

Please respond to the poll. Please DO NOT use this particular forum to say who stuck their tongue out at who or which one shot a spit wad at which other one. Please only give constructive suggestions for content.

I would like to see a competition among any and all Evo tuners willing to participate. Ideally I would like to see each start with a bone stock Evo and be allowed to submit and showcase 3 specific modifications of their choice. Personally I would like to see basics that a new owner would look into for their first mods. I would like to see dyno numbers and if it is for user installable parts I'd like to see one number for the part slapped on and another number with any tuning or resetting of ecu or whatever.

I believe this would prove invaluable to owners looking to begin to personalize their Evo. I believe it would also cause lots of people to think more about buying an Evo when they see what can be done with them.

Again, NO PISSING CONTESTS. Please post something constructive such as the above or don't post at all.

Last edited by LDB; Jan 3, 2004 at 10:06 PM.
Old Jan 3, 2004, 11:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...=going+to+pick

Last edited by YellowFever; Jan 3, 2004 at 11:29 PM.
Old Jan 3, 2004, 11:37 PM
Evolved Member

we know it is a repost Joel, but he wanted to do an organized poll so it is clean and clear for everybody
Old Jan 3, 2004, 11:42 PM
Evolved Member

I know Snir, just trying to bust his ***** after he insulted one of our Evo-Ny members because he crashed his car and it wasnt his fault!... so pay back is a biotch right LBD

Last edited by YellowFever; Jan 3, 2004 at 11:47 PM.
Old Jan 4, 2004, 12:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I wanna see Buschur in this comparison too.
Old Jan 4, 2004, 01:04 AM
Evolved Member

Like Thoe99 said, you gotta have Buschur Racing in an Evo tuner comparison.

I'm now running the Vishnu XEDE with the 3" Buschur TB. I suspect that the Evo owners who do their homework will use a similar strategy of picking the best mods from each vendor.

I would also suggest that instead of doing three basic mods, give the tuners dollar limits to spend. Most owners think in terms of money spent, rather than modification count. What can each tuner give you for $1K, for $3K, or for $5K?
Old Jan 4, 2004, 01:38 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by jbrennen
I would also suggest that instead of doing three basic mods, give the tuners dollar limits to spend. Most owners think in terms of money spent, rather than modification count. What can each tuner give you for $1K, for $3K, or for $5K?
To be honest I dislike either approach. I'd rather see what each tuner has to offer and what kind of price we're talking. The negative thing with mod number or price limits (if they are hard) is that then you get everyone bringing their hard engine mods and tuning them for power. Just getting 400whp out of a stock suspension/brake/etc. Evo is pointless in my opinion. I'd rather see what kind of comprehensive Power/Suspension/Drivetrain/Brake/etc. package each tuner can put out.

-S ...
Old Jan 4, 2004, 05:58 AM
In Timeout

Bushur would take shiv and al and hand them their a**...
Old Jan 4, 2004, 09:33 AM
In Timeout

Would it be a Super Size *** kicking?

Originally posted by Stikilr
Bushur would take shiv and al and hand them their a**...
Old Jan 4, 2004, 11:57 AM
Evolving Member

Shop and staff is a dangerous option because places like Gruppe-s would qualify, great place to by parts but not really a tuner.
Old Jan 4, 2004, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
It would seem to me, IMHO, that anyone that wishes to participate should be able to do so.

Now, how you make this a fair comparison, I'm not quite certain.

But limiting the participants just gives any article an appearance of a setup. Again, just my opinion...
Old Jan 4, 2004, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by KazzEvo8
It would seem to me, IMHO, that anyone that wishes to participate should be able to do so.

Now, how you make this a fair comparison, I'm not quite certain.

But limiting the participants just gives any article an appearance of a setup. Again, just my opinion...
AMEN! It looks like with certain car mags if your in, then you IN!
Old Jan 4, 2004, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

Why the hell should it matter what they sell.... if they can tune my car, then let them in. It's not a parts shootout.. just what can be done to a computer.
Old Jan 4, 2004, 05:09 PM
Evolving Member

SCC shouldn't even bother with a tuner shootout. This will leave plenty of room for a 23 page comparison of spinner hubcaps. Plus they would also have room for ads from the spinner hubcap companies.
Old Jan 5, 2004, 12:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
even doh brainstorm doesnt make there own product , they are great tuners . IT would be nice to also have RMR and RRE in the mix