Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

04 EVO's out yet?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2004, 06:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 EVO's out yet?

I'm about to start going to dealerships to start picking out my EVO. Are the 04's out yet? If so, can anyone comment on the leather recaro's that people say the 04s have? Anyone have any pictures?

I'm excited Just gotta sell my damn Camaro! Anyone want it?

EVO
Old Jan 11, 2004, 06:32 PM
Evolving Member

Just called a local dealership to see what's up with the 04s
they're actually still getting shipments of 03s. I was also told that they just started making 04s and that they'll be here around may/april...
Old Jan 11, 2004, 06:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Buckkaaaa!!
Just called a local dealership to see what's up with the 04s
they're actually still getting shipments of 03s. I was also told that they just started making 04s and that they'll be here around may/april...
Bingo. Dealers will be getting 03's, made in december . Stupid . Not that it really matters, but why they didn't just call the ones built nov/dec 04's is beyond me.
Old Jan 11, 2004, 06:53 PM
Evolving Member

Ah... damn! Oh well, I guess I'll be buying an 03. I never bought a brand new old car!

BTW, I wonder if the JDM 6speed will directly fit our motors. I don't see why not, huh?
Old Jan 11, 2004, 07:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by bo0oost
Ah... damn! Oh well, I guess I'll be buying an 03. I never bought a brand new old car!

BTW, I wonder if the JDM 6speed will directly fit our motors. I don't see why not, huh?
Just call your evo an 03.5 like the supra guys do (really though, unless you want leather, the sound system, or are planning on selling it soon, it makes no difference)

Bah, who needs the 6-speed. One of the main reasons I got the evo over the sti, less electronic/fancy do dads. (really though, not sure if it will fit. My guess would be yes.)
Old Jan 11, 2004, 07:25 PM

If anyone does in fact know if the 6 speed would fit, please post. Also, where can they be purchased? Anyone?
Old Jan 11, 2004, 07:33 PM
Evolving Member

If you are going to get an 03 Evo, I would get a used one, they are out there. One of my friends just got a yellow for 4K less than a new one and low interest. Plus, his came with the JDM tail lights.
I got my used and paid 3K less.
The only reason I throw that out is because there are people selling their 03s and there is nothing you are going to gain from buying a new one off the lot, unless you like leather seats and get the 04.
Old Jan 11, 2004, 08:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by gtr003121
If anyone does in fact know if the 6 speed would fit, please post. Also, where can they be purchased? Anyone?
i was wondering the same thing today, i dont understand why it wouldnt??? i would like a 6 speed, just to have a 6spd evo 8. how many ppl have those?? ahhahaha
Old Jan 11, 2004, 09:00 PM
Evolving Member

Has anyone seen pictures of the leather seats?
Old Jan 11, 2004, 11:09 PM

Originally posted by Racer RS X
If you are going to get an 03 Evo, I would get a used one, they are out there. One of my friends just got a yellow for 4K less than a new one and low interest. Plus, his came with the JDM tail lights.
I got my used and paid 3K less.
The only reason I throw that out is because there are people selling their 03s and there is nothing you are going to gain from buying a new one off the lot, unless you like leather seats and get the 04.
i don't like buying cars broken in by other ppl... unless i truly trust that other person... i'll even pay more for a non test-driven new car...
Old Jan 11, 2004, 11:36 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Preach on brotha', I just saw the DCCD as one more thing that would inevitably break down the road.

Originally posted by bluevilevo8

Just call your evo an 03.5 like the supra guys do (really though, unless you want leather, the sound system, or are planning on selling it soon, it makes no difference)

Bah, who needs the 6-speed. One of the main reasons I got the evo over the sti, less electronic/fancy do dads. (really though, not sure if it will fit. My guess would be yes.)
Old Jan 13, 2004, 01:35 PM

I just went to the Mitsu dealership today because one of the salesmen said they were getting 2 evos in sometime in January. After finding out they were going to still be the 03' model, they cancelled the order. The Mitsu rep happened to be there and he said that the 04's would not be out until June or July. This seems like bs to me- maybe to get the 03' models to sell. What have other people heard??
Old Jan 13, 2004, 01:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Larsony
I just went to the Mitsu dealership today because one of the salesmen said they were getting 2 evos in sometime in January. After finding out they were going to still be the 03' model, they cancelled the order. The Mitsu rep happened to be there and he said that the 04's would not be out until June or July. This seems like bs to me- maybe to get the 03' models to sell. What have other people heard??
They will be here mid april.
Old Jan 13, 2004, 02:14 PM
Evolving Member

i wouldn't buy a used Evo because of the fact that 99.9% of them has been a$$-raped by the previous owners, i'd pay that little extra to know that i'm the first person to de-virginize the car
Old Jan 13, 2004, 02:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by nebolic
i wouldn't buy a used Evo because of the fact that 99.9% of them has been a$$-raped by the previous owners, i'd pay that little extra to know that i'm the first person to de-virginize the car
agreed.... if something goes wrong... you have no idea whom to blame or what went wrong.... piece of mind is worth the extra money IMO

Quick Reply: 04 EVO's out yet?