Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Body parts for Evo IV in Canada

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2011, 02:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Body parts for Evo IV in Canada

I have a JDM Evo IV and got into a fender bender with some minor damage. The things that I believe will need replacing are the driver side front fender, and headlight.

The info in this thread: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...work-done.html suggests that the 5th Gen (97-01) Mirage body parts will fit, but is it identical to the Evo IV fender? Will the Mirage headlights work? Or should I opt for OEM parts from Japan?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by ThePresley; Dec 4, 2011 at 08:45 PM.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 03:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Google japperformance.uk or evobreakers they should have jdm evo iv parts.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 08:46 PM

Which option would be more economical?

Also, has anyone had experience with japperformance.co.uk?
Old Dec 4, 2011, 09:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ya a few people from the mirage forums used em. Also try ebay.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The front gaurds are very slightly different, small enough that you can't tell until you bolt them up, the curve is slightly larger radius on the evo4 gaurds.

Headlights, base lancer/mirage headlights will work, evo1-6s used base lancer headlights.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 10:16 AM

would mirage parts be interchangeable with the evo 4? say the rear bumper and the insters to go with it?
thanks!
Old Apr 15, 2012, 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

The only body panels that would cross over are:
Doors (front/rear)
Bootlid
Rear bumper (will have to reuse the evo4 lip as mirages/lancers at best just came with corner caps)
Old Apr 16, 2012, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Yogi's info is spot on.

There are plenty of places in the UK/AUS/Japan that will have these bits available. It's just sort of tricky to source them out on the web since many junk dealers aren't online.

You can try lancerregister.com and see what those fellows have to say.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 04:47 PM

What about rear lights? Those are obviously the same if the bootlid works.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 09:21 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah those are the same, same for head lights.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 09:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
With the headlights, you have to be careful with what year the donor car is - Evo 4 headlights aren't the same as Evo 5/6 ones, so make sure the ones youre getting are from the same year (ish) as your car. I think they changed over to the newer shaped lights in '97 (so I'm not sure if the info you have is correct or not - unless the North American stuff isn't the same as JDM).

This is the pre facelift headlight (which is what your Evo 4 would have)

Note the curve on the inside by the grille.

This is the facelift headlight (changed over '97 or '98)

Mirage lights will work, just make sure that it's not from a later model one. Unless NA never got the facelift - in which case ignore me.

Last edited by Rohit; Apr 17, 2012 at 09:45 PM.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 10:18 PM

great thanks guys!! tons of help needed and much appreciated, I currently live in Calgary, Alberta canada where parts for these cars are not easy to access at all, unless I go to my importer which then takes time. But if anyone can tell me what is interchangeable as far as ANYTHING goes, that be great as well.

Its great to see that mirage stuff fits my car, looks like the north american version bumper works for my car too, so the 1996 model and so would work just fine.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Yes, I do. Positive experience. Fast shipping to Canada. Easy to deal with. Parts as described.

http://www.japperformanceparts.co.uk...ake=Mitsubishi

Originally Posted by ThePresley
Which option would be more economical?

Also, has anyone had experience with japperformance.co.uk?
Old Apr 18, 2012, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by DamoCN9AIV
great thanks guys!! tons of help needed and much appreciated, I currently live in Calgary, Alberta canada where parts for these cars are not easy to access at all, unless I go to my importer which then takes time. But if anyone can tell me what is interchangeable as far as ANYTHING goes, that be great as well.

Its great to see that mirage stuff fits my car, looks like the north american version bumper works for my car too, so the 1996 model and so would work just fine.
Wait. Stop.

There was some bad info that got posted.

Any 1997 - 2002 (5th Gen) USDM Mirage Sedan headlamps will work with an Evo IV. The 1996 headlamps are Evo III spec and will not work.

If any parts are interchangeable it will be off of that 5th gen Mirage ONLY. But many, many things on that car are not compatible.

Also, JDM headlamps are NOT the same as USDM headlamps as they are aimed the wrong way. So instead of your lights pointing to the right (to avoid the oncoming traffic) as they would on a USDM vehicle, they will point to the left, which is directly into traffic in this country.

That is true of any vehicle that drives on the opposite side of the road.

The headlamps from any 5th gen Mirage will NOT work at all for an Evo 5 or 6. This is because the hoodline was changed when going to widebody.

Also, the taillamps from the 5G Mirage will work on any 5th gen Evo (Evo 4/5/6) BUT... the 1997's are the direct replacement for the Evo IV. The lamp pattern changed on the Evo V and VI. The lamp pattern for the USDM Mirages also changed, but the USDM Mirage's have a "kink" in the lamps that makes them compatible, but they don't "really" fit.

For your purposes, really any 5th gen Mirage Sedan will have many of the parts, but the 1997 is the "most" Evo IV compatible.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 07:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
So I'm assuming the Mirage never got the facelift version for the USDM? Like I said before, the information I posted was for the JDM versions.

Quick Reply: Body parts for Evo IV in Canada