Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Petition for E85 SMOG EXEMPTION!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2011, 11:38 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm just saying it would be nice to run E85 legally and get a Smog Exemption for it!! I would guess that the most of us who run it anyway run it for the enhanced performance that can be tweeked from it!! And really we drive EVO's because were so environmentally conscienceteous?! That's hilarious!!! I appreciate the support guys! Keep it going!

Last edited by Kasaper; Dec 15, 2011 at 11:41 AM.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 12:27 PM
Evolving Member

^Agreed!! Also posted a link in the Alternative Fuel sec as well
Old Dec 15, 2011, 03:05 PM
Evolving Member

Kool!!! Thanks!!
Old Dec 16, 2011, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
So... How many parts per million NOX, CO, and MO are allowed to qualify for LEV, ULEV,Z EV? MPG?

Any testing on any platform to show burning e85 produces these results?

Do you now how many conversions you would need to do and test to show a statistically significant result?

How would you show that the conversion has the same results across all vehicle platforms?

Who would fund this research and lobby the results?

How would you implement this per state as all states currently have thier own legislation?

Are you currently occupying some city somewhere?

Old Dec 16, 2011, 09:24 AM

Put this petition on Facebook and I'm sure you could get 25,000 signatures.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 09:31 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 9SecSLC
Put this petition on Facebook and I'm sure you could get 25,000 signatures.
And, what happens then?!

You get a response from the White House. A response. A note saying that someone on staff saw the votes. It's the best you can hope for. Can any of you briefly explain how this translates into legislation? Why do I feel like slamming my head into a wall?
Old Dec 16, 2011, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by FJF
And, what happens then?!

You get a response from the White House. A response. A note saying that someone on staff saw the votes. It's the best you can hope for. Can any of you briefly explain how this translates into legislation? Why do I feel like slamming my head into a wall?
It's better than doing nothing at all. You could at least provide the outcome of the petition to your local govt. and get them on board.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 09:46 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

It's better than doing nothing at all. You could at least provide the outcome of the petition to your local govt. and get them on board.
I posted a link on the first page explaining the legislative process. Folks may want to take the 3 minutes to watch it.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FJF
I posted a link on the first page explaining the legislative process. Folks may want to take the 3 minutes to watch it.

Ironically, the video is down due to copy right claims by Disney...

I can't get him to understand his claim in the petition that running e85 somehow creates a LEV is false. Nevermind ULEV or ZEV... End of story before you even get to the legislative issues.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by FJF
I know how it works buddy. This petition may not get anything put into writing but it at least brings attention to the subject of alternative fuels and their benefits.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 11:45 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

I know how it works buddy.
No, you absolutely do not, as witnessed by your own words, "You could at least provide the outcome of the petition to your local govt. and get them on board."

This petition may not get anything put into writing but it at least brings attention to the subject of alternative fuels and their benefits.
Attention from whom? The White House intern who sends the reply, or the minions on the forums hoping for a miracle? This is ridiculous. I'm not talking about wanting to change a given piece of legislation; it's your right as a citizen. I'm talking about petitioning the White House for a response and thinking that a law will somehow miraculously materialize from the act. Why not petition the Pentagon, too? Means just as much.

Apparently the link is dead, so here are a few more. Three minutes, people, three minutes to understand how an idea can become a law:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eeOwPoayOk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlka6fTnDnI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dVo3nbLYC0
Old Dec 16, 2011, 12:03 PM
Evolving Member

as awesome as this would be it wont make it ...especially on a federal level.

it honestly doesn't make much sense.

what i would really like is obdII smog check only...several states do this and that would allow all of us without a cel to pass smog AND it would save the state tons of money. good for us good for the state good for the average citizen..this is what we should be pushing at the state level.

Last edited by Montu; Dec 16, 2011 at 12:11 PM.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 05:35 AM
Evolving Member

So its a long and difficult process, and nobody should even try. I don't look at the glass is half empty, to me the glass is always half full!!! So fault us for trying!!
Old Dec 22, 2011, 06:05 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kasaper
So its a long and difficult process, and nobody should even try. I don't look at the glass is half empty, to me the glass is always half full!!! So fault us for trying!!
How about you watch the 3-minute video, take a high school social studies class, review a civics lecture, whatever it takes to comprehend the legislative process.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 06:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by FJF
How about you watch the 3-minute video, take a high school social studies class, review a civics lecture, whatever it takes to comprehend the legislative process.
Just to reiterate. not its not an EXECTUTIVE process but a LEGISLATIVE one (to make laws) you guys are petitioning, like you're allowed to, but you are petitioning the wrong people.

Quick Reply: Petition for E85 SMOG EXEMPTION!!!!!!