Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

CAR is slowly getting worse

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2011, 08:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CAR is slowly getting worse

so i had my car tuned by a pro, it ran great i ran 13.10 @ 108 mph in the 1/4 mile in 5500 feet of air so im pretty impressed with the car and the tune none the less. However i did change my lower IC pipe and got a new filter of the same type i had before. on out dyno my car picked up 47 HP from this mod putting me at 347 hp to the ground. the car had a little pop to it when i would get on it hard, I believe this is because all of the new air through my MAF sensor and i would need to be adjusted for all this new air that is flowing through it. Howerever now the car as it has gotten colder the car is gotten so bad i cannot take it to 5000 rpm's without it feeling like im droping a cylinder.
the first bit of it sounded like detionation now it sounds like i loose a cylinder or to. im just trying to see if this has happened to you guys at all, and if so where you would start at to checking stuff. Im starting with fuel system Pressure, intank filter and seeing if there is pin holes in the pickup tube due to running 15% ethonal.

The Mods done to my car
1. lower intercooler pipe and air filter
2 evo 9 diviter valve (doesnt matter for this case)
3 272 duration cams from comp ( cannot rember the specs cause they came with my car)
Running stock boost
4. 3.in stainless cat back exhaust.

any feed back on some things to check thanks guys.

PS IF YOU NEED THE USE OF A 4WD DYNO WE GOT ONE, THE ONLY ONE IN IDAHO.

Last edited by BOOSTDBSTRD; Dec 26, 2011 at 08:07 AM. Reason: spelling