Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

What's the fastest full weight evo VIII on pump gas?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2012, 10:01 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 184 Likes on 130 Posts
I was gonna say my RS has ac.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoJoeIX
he didnt take the A/C out, thats how they come from the factory. the car comes stripped down like that.

i dont see how that doesnt count. its full weight
I never said it didn't count. David has weight reduction den to the car. Now don't get me wrong his car could have went 9's before he took some weight out which is fine.

I'm just curious what the record is.

So David has gone 9's on 93 octane ?
Old Feb 4, 2012, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SDevo13
No, they removed the AC - all US cars came with AC. Look at the badbish thread, and they did do some minor weight reduction - much less than 100lbs
Originally Posted by cursedsm
I was gonna say my RS has ac.
Ah, my mistake then.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

Yes
Old Feb 4, 2012, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
theres actually a thread david made about all the stuff he took off of the car and weighed to post for people wondering about weight reduction. BUT i do not know if he done that before running the 9 second pass or after. only way to tell would be look at the date of the thread and video that was posted and compare if someone finds the thread he made.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
this is very simple to organize guys. the OP needs to make a very detailed list of what he feels is a true full weight street car. what does it MUST have ''according to the OP'er'' to be a street car.

daves RS IMO is a street car. it is light but thats how he built his version of HIS street car.

i plan to have the weight of my car down to 2775 no driver. but i have a cage, all power options and full interior along with much more. IMO that is my version of a street car as well.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
true, everyone has a different opinion on what a street car is
Old Feb 4, 2012, 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evodan2004
this is very simple to organize guys. the OP needs to make a very detailed list of what he feels is a true full weight street car. what does it MUST have ''according to the OP'er'' to be a street car.

daves RS IMO is a street car. it is light but thats how he built his version of HIS street car.

i plan to have the weight of my car down to 2775 no driver. but i have a cage, all power options and full interior along with much more. IMO that is my version of a street car as well.
I agree with you on having a street car. Your car and daves car IMO are both street cars. I was more or less asking about 100% full weight. Nothing removed AT ALL. No weight reduction of any. Just a built motor, big turbo, on pump gas.

My car has zero weight reduction, with an in dash, street tires, a/c, heat, full trunk carpet. I'm on a built 2.0 with everything else under the sun to go low 10's besides a cage.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 09:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoDom
I agree with you on having a street car. Your car and daves car IMO are both street cars. I was more or less asking about 100% full weight. Nothing removed AT ALL. No weight reduction of any. Just a built motor, big turbo, on pump gas.

My car has zero weight reduction, with an in dash, street tires, a/c, heat, full trunk carpet. I'm on a built 2.0 with everything else under the sun to go low 10's besides a cage.
honestly i think your in your own league then. i do not know any car ''thats built to your level/goal'' who has not does something in regards to weight. IMO take your car to the track and see what happens and then go from there. you cant believe 98% of what someone says about weight reduction because of course they want to stand out and have a heavy car run fast. yet the smart people who know what there looking at know the real hidden story.

i do not see you having an issue hitting your goals and i hope you do. but you may spend more time trying then someone else. and that takes heart and dedication. best of luck. i honestly do not think we have a TRUE 100% full 9 second evo. be the 1st.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 10:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evodan2004
honestly i think your in your own league then. i do not know any car ''thats built to your level/goal'' who has not does something in regards to weight. IMO take your car to the track and see what happens and then go from there. you cant believe 98% of what someone says about weight reduction because of course they want to stand out and have a heavy car run fast. yet the smart people who know what there looking at know the real hidden story.

i do not see you having an issue hitting your goals and i hope you do. but you may spend more time trying then someone else. and that takes heart and dedication. best of luck. i honestly do not think we have a TRUE 100% full 9 second evo. be the 1st.
Thanks buddy, I will see what happens come this spring.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 04:41 AM
Evolving Member

shawna's black evo from stm went 9.97 at full weight and its even the heavier SSL. http://streettunedmotorsports.com/z/...l/4g63girl.htm
Old Feb 5, 2012, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cody92talon
shawna's black evo from stm went 9.97 at full weight and its even the heavier SSL. http://streettunedmotorsports.com/z/...l/4g63girl.htm
Yes I love Shawnas car, she was on e85 when they went 9.97. I wonder what it would do on 93. Her car is identical to mine.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Hard to say since switching to 93 would bring the power down by....40 or 50whp??? Dave B's car is probably the fastest i've heard of on pump....I believe i some a 10.3X in Mellon Racings sig and that was on straight 93 (so it says).
Old Feb 5, 2012, 10:04 AM
Account Disabled

at the time I made that pass on pump gas I had done no active weight reduction, only what was a side effect of upgrading something to make more power. It's a 05 GSR with acd and the previous owner installed an electric sunroof. The only weight changes from stock would be:

stock fmic to buschur race fmic which added weight
stock exhaust to buschur 3" turbo back with test pipe and bullet muffer which reduced weight
stock turbo to HTA3582 .82 which added weight
stock clutch to exedy twin hd not sure about the weight difference.
stock springs to lowering springs, likely little to no weight difference.

when I rolled up to the track my brother parked beside me in his pickup truck and asked me if I wanted to unload my tool box and big floor jack. I told him "no, I want to make these passes the same way I drive the car every day to work like a TRUE street car, not something people call a street car"

I tuned the car to 600awhp on Virtual Dyno and I drove it myself at the track. No expert ringer shipped in to do it for me.

all that to say, I wouldn't be surprised if the car was close to factory weight and possibly heavier. David Buschur saw my car on his dyno recently and saw for himself that my car is a heavy pig. He said with the power my car is making 668mustang/750dynojet he went 9.0 in his car because it's so much lighter.

so my next round of mods will include removing some weight to get more competitive. I want to see 150+mph traps and deep 9's soon. Since I recently retired it from Daily Driver duty I swapped out the stock suspension for D2 coilovers, I'm going to remove the AC, stereo system and maybe drop the cat back section when racing for starters. Later I'll do some of the buschur light weight replacements bits. I don't think I'll ever go as far as David and some of the others have gone such as removing the sound deadening, unused wiring, drilling holes, extra nuts and bolts etc... even though I know that's what it takes to run 8's.

here's where the car is currently on e85 @ 42psi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3at5C...2&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqolI...1&feature=plcp
Old Feb 5, 2012, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

Great post Mellon, your car is a good example of what I mean by "full weight". Yes i Understand that adding some aftermarket parts for more power etc may add or decrease weight but keeing the car as factory as possible with a built motor and supporting mods is what I'm talking about.

Quick Reply: What's the fastest full weight evo VIII on pump gas?