Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

disassembling the wing

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2012, 12:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
disassembling the wing

Heres a strange question, I had to repaint my spoiler because the clear coat came off.... I just noticed that there is something rattling loose inside the wing... Do you guys know how to take apart the wing?? there are four bolts on the inside but the heads are rounded. anyone succeeded???
Old Feb 20, 2012, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It should be a 10mm bolt on the bottom on the wing.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 04:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by j_barcarse
Heres a strange question, I had to repaint my spoiler because the clear coat came off.... I just noticed that there is something rattling loose inside the wing... Do you guys know how to take apart the wing?? there are four bolts on the inside but the heads are rounded. anyone succeeded???
The four fasteners you are talking about don't come off. They are pretty much really big rivets. The 3 parts of the wing are held together by a really strong adhesive and a few strips of velcro (yes, velcro, but more so the adhesive). Mine is currently apart at the moment, and If I hadn't deleted the pic of it apart, I would post it up here. There is already a thread on here where someone took a red one apart in detail and explained everything they did. It's how I learned how to take mine apart.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

This thread has your answers.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...many-pics.html
Old Feb 20, 2012, 07:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by j_barcarse
Mine is off the car right now too. Mine rattles too, I assume the 2 white clips are broken off inside the wing.