Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Questions And Questions

Old Nov 2, 2012, 06:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Questions And Questions

Just bought a 05 MR, Dos Problemos.

1. tint is dark as **** and if the car doesnt attract the cops enough. Any methods that you guys know of to lighten up the windows or do i have to get rid of it and redo it?

2. No CAT and No Rear o2, we can all know how that works. Question is for the people that daily drive like this what are the precautions and is it worth going the "wrong" way.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 06:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1. No, it's impossible to lighten tint. Gotta get it removed.

2. You'll have to get ecu flash and a tactrix cable and disable the rear o2 or simulate it or something I think. Option 2, you could just buy another o2, plug it in, and ignore/disable the check engine light and be done with it...

I hope by saying you don't have a rear o2 that you mean it's been properly removed and the hole has been plugged some how. A hole half way down your exhaust isnt gonna sound/perform so great.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 06:57 AM
Evolving Member

You'll have to take the tint off and put some new stuff on if you want it lighter.

I don't know what emissions is like out in "philly" but I've never had an issue with running catless.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 07:11 AM
Account Disabled

any tint shop can remove and put new (lighter) tint on your windows...

unless you have a hookup, you're likely not gonna pass PA inspection without a cat, and you'll definitely fail emissions if you have a light on... if you can afford it, a HFC and re-tune is probably a better idea. regardless you probably want to disable the rear O2. if you stick with the test pipe, i've heard of people taking the heat shield from a cat and putting it on the TP to pass a visual inspection.

Last edited by ithveno339jfkj4kjekjqqqq; Nov 2, 2012 at 07:15 AM.