Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Is it just me or has Evo prices gone up?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2013, 03:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Is it just me or has Evo prices gone up?

2years ago I bought a 9mr with 59k I paid 17k for it. It had good amount of bolt ons. I invested a good amount myself bought a built 5speed did a tune and just kept up with maintenance. Well I sold the car 2months ago for 19k which I thought was a good price it had 72k when I sold it. Now I want another evo and I have looked everywhere and I swear some people think these cars are gold. It is impossible to fine a 9 under 70k for under 23k I don't know if it's just more kids are owning these cars and are raising the price because they think they have the best car around or what but it's getting really annoying. Example is a kid close to me has a 06 eb with less mods then what I had, has the cheapest xxr wheels you can get with 76k and won't budge under 26k???? Wtfffff is it just that there are no good deals to be had or have the prices gone up. Sorry for the rant just literally have looked from the east coast to the mid states for 5weeks and have not found one car that is in good condition at a reasonable price.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They are beginning to become more and more rare. Prices will continue to go up on the CT9A. Look at the MKIV Supra and FD RX-7 as examples.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 04:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hell yea they use to go for 14-15k now they go for 17-18k not cool at all
Old Nov 12, 2013, 04:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ReaperX
They are beginning to become more and more rare. Prices will continue to go up on the CT9A. Look at the MKIV Supra and FD RX-7 as examples.
Yea but the fd and supra have always been high. I feel like the ct9a started become cheap(er) and more people started to afford them especially kids and now that the older people are moving on all these kids think they have something really special. I am having a easier time finding good prices on a X then a 8/9 and that's to me is weird lol
Old Nov 12, 2013, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well look how competitive the ct9a cars have been? There's less and less of them now so prices are going up, while X depreciates badly.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts
Demand for these cars coupled with rarity keeps the prices high, and yes they have gone up in price, and no it's not just because kids own them. Are kids the ones who jacked up prices on the NSX too these past few years? More than likely the CT9A Evos will maintain these highers price no problem, especially the IX since that is what so many people want.

As far as X prices being cheaper than IX's, I've heard over and over again from a lot of X owners that they would've bought a IX instead had they found one that fit their criteria. None were available and therefore they (sadly) bought the X.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kanovic
Yea but the fd and supra have always been high.
False.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 05:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have a mint cont 8 with 25K miles on it. Can I get 25-29K for it?

Its never seen snow. Never been in an accident and has always been garaged, and only driven on weekends

Last edited by Blue Evo 8; Nov 12, 2013 at 05:06 PM.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kpt6
Demand for these cars coupled with rarity keeps the prices high, and yes they have gone up in price, and no it's not just because kids own them. Are kids the ones who jacked up prices on the NSX too these past few years? More than likely the CT9A Evos will maintain these highers price no problem, especially the IX since that is what so many people want.

As far as X prices being cheaper than IX's, I've heard over and over again from a lot of X owners that they would've bought a IX instead had they found one that fit their criteria. None were available and therefore they (sadly) bought the X.
The IX is gonna hold value very well along with nice examples of an VIII. As far as the rx7. There not that expensive to buy nowadays and the supra value only skyrocketed after F&F movies
Old Nov 12, 2013, 05:06 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 76 Likes on 57 Posts
Yea but the fd and supra have always been high. I feel like the ct9a started become cheap(er) and more people started to afford them especially kids and now that the older people are moving on all these kids think they have something really special. I am having a easier time finding good prices on a X then a 8/9 and that's to me is weird lol
I agree with this 100%. Kids that have wanted them their whole lives now can afford them and think they're worth their weight in gold. And other kids who have also wanted them their whole lives are willing to pay the ridiculous prices. Too much money/credit and not enough brains.

The FD and Supra have been overpriced since the original F&F. If it makes you feel better I ran across a really clean, 2.3L, 430whp, '95 Talon TSi AWD for $18k the other day. At least an Evo is semi worth it. I also came across a 1000+ whp Supra for $75k.

Last edited by Terror Rising; Nov 12, 2013 at 05:08 PM.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 05:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8
I have a mint cont 8 with 25K miles on it. Can I get 25-29K for it?
I don't see why not. There's so many beat up 8's that's a clean evo is pretty much rare. I wouldn't say 29. But 23-25
Old Nov 12, 2013, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Pre Fast and Furious MKIV Supra prices were dirt cheap. You could get a nice one with low miles and bone stock for high teens. Same car would fetch over $35k these days. I sold my BPU MKIV with 99k miles on it for $28k and had people fighting over it. That was 7 years ago, but I didn't loose a penny on that car.

They aren't making anymore CT9A cars.....just law of supply and demand.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 05:17 PM
Evolving Member

I get that demand and that they are not making the ct9a anymore. I would understand paying 23-25k for a premium low mileage 9/8 but when you have a ragged out 9 that I keep finding with 80-90k on it and the 60k service has not even been touched and dents,rips,etc but is "fast" and they are wanting 23k or so it's just plain stupid.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I get that demand and that they are not making the ct9a anymore. I would understand paying 23-25k for a premium low mileage 9/8 but when you have a ragged out 9 that I keep finding with 80-90k on it and the 60k service has not even been touched and dents,rips,etc but is "fast" and they are wanting 23k or so it's just plain stupid.
LOL, yeah I get what you are saying. I guess there are a lot of those out there. You are making me think that all the money I am spending on my low mileage IX RS is worth it.....LOL
Old Nov 12, 2013, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

I would understand paying 23-25k for a premium low mileage 9/8...
Not sure what low mileage is to you, but if we're talking like 30k miles or less, you're looking at around $26k minimum if it's a IX.

...when you have a ragged out 9 that I keep finding with 80-90k on it and the 60k service has not even been touched and dents,rips,etc but is "fast" and they are wanting 23k or so it's just plain stupid.
People say similar same things about beat up TT Supras.

Quick Reply: Is it just me or has Evo prices gone up?