Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Please Help with high idle

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2014, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please Help with high idle

OK Guys,
I really need help! I have an 03 VIII that has been idling high (2000 rpms). This happens from when I first start it up to when it gets warm, when I drive, I mean its constant all the time, it just sticks at 2000, kind of annoying lol. It recently starting bouncing, after its warm, and it sounds like a vacuum leak but I can't find it. I tried the ether trick, no dice. Tried replacing my IACV, no change, and i wiped down my throttle body, just with a cloth no spray or anything and checked that the butterfly valve wasnt sticking and it wasn't, nothing changed! Now, it might be a little easier to fig this out but im running SD with an AEM EMS (last tuned by Force Fed), so no CELs. My mods include: 950 Injectors (I think), Fuel Rail, Walbro 255 FP, FP Black, Forge BOV, GSC S2 Cams, Arp Headstuds and a bunch of other bolt-ons. A friend suggested my IAT could be going bad. I just dont want to throw a bunch of parts at it. Thanks for any help!