Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Royal Purple oil in Evo 9

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2014, 09:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've personally never had an issue with Royal Purple fluid so long as it was changed at the respected intervals
Old Jun 16, 2014, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

I've always used Mobil 1 per my oil cap, the high mileage stuff, even when it was brand new. Someone told me the high mileage stuff has higher zinc concentration and better detergents in it.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 10:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jrainwater
I've always used Mobil 1 per my oil cap, the high mileage stuff, even when it was brand new. Someone told me the high mileage stuff has higher zinc concentration and better detergents in it.

Mobil 1 EP (extended performance) supposedly is the best mobil has to offer as far as additives go. Don't use it longer than 5k miles though, the 15k mile change is BS.

Semi Synthetic oils are like fake synthetics, it will feel like a normal synthetic until 3k miles, then turn to garbage. The full synthetic I am okay with using for 4.5k miles.

Europe has the best car oil market in my opinion. You can get many oils in Europe that you can't get here in the states, especially motul products, and motul makes good stuff generally.

I think royal purple would be just decent, not anything special in my opinion. If I lived in Europe I would be all over the euro brand stuff.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

I do it every 3,000 so I'm all good on the waiting too long thing. The worst I've ever let it get once was 4500 before a change.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 09:02 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Emit_1
Hello everyone!
I'm from Ukraine and finally found overseas forums of evo owners like I am)
Going to change engine oil on my Evo 9 full stock and incidentally found Purple Royal oil XPR series for racing vehicle such as lancer evo with a lot of good feedbacks in US and Australia.
Unfortunately in Ukraine don't sell official this oil and most Europe too so I'm going to purchase for check this oil on my evo. I'm tired use Motul 300v and other untwisted oils lol)
Who is using or used this oil? What you can say about best model of this oil, overheating and viscosity in summer and winter? Also would be glad for any information about this oil
Dude I live in the states and I use a German oil called liqui Molly 10w60 full synthetic, It's what bmw m3 have to use, look it up, my machine is built and that oil seems very good.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 10:16 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
Originally Posted by vtec fever
Dude I live in the states and I use a German oil called liqui Molly 10w60 full synthetic, It's what bmw m3 have to use, look it up, my machine is built and that oil seems very good.
Wait, are you actually suggesting this guy use 10w60 in his stock evo engine?
Old Jun 26, 2014, 11:30 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
Wait, are you actually suggesting this guy use 10w60 in his stock evo engine?
I was recommending the oil brand, they have many weights available.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 09:30 PM

Next oil change has became and this time I use Royal Purple HPS 10-40 for summer use instead of cheap Motul. First feel the car start work a little quiet without vibration but idle still swimming often.
I recommended this oil to my other evo owners and they changed their oil to RP oil too for every day use. For track use they still keep 300v 15-50 at the moment big promo in Ukraine for 2l bottle about 28usd.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 09:31 PM

Old Jun 9, 2016, 07:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts
Do an oil report on Royal Purple before you give everyone an ok this oil is great message. I've done multiple oil reports on a certain oil and got better results than universal averages for the evo. Let an oil report do the talking, not an engine idle vibration feel...
Old Jun 12, 2016, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I don't have any data to back anything up but I run rp xpr 20/50. I road race the car so my oil changes are more frequent than most, sometimes I change the oil after 1k miles. But it works just like any other oil as far as I can tell.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 09:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mobil 4T Racing oil
Old Jun 21, 2016, 07:51 AM

Due to high amount of fake oil on the market most famous european oil brands such as Motul,Elf,Total and etc I would like to choose american oil which original produce . Next oil change I will try amsoil signature. In Russia it was tested in the lab with very high specification and good feedbacks.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 08:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
I bounce between Castrol, Amsoil, and Mobil1. Never had an issue with any of them and they always look fine at the 5K mark.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Ferp
I bounce between Castrol, Amsoil, and Mobil1. Never had an issue with any of them and they always look fine at the 5K mark.
Interesting in Mobil and Castrol too but hard to find original oil in Ukraine.
Will buy directly amsoil from US.

Quick Reply: Royal Purple oil in Evo 9