Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

RALLIART Gauge Cluster Write Up (small)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2014, 08:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
RALLIART Gauge Cluster Write Up (small)

A few months back I started looking for a RA Cluster and I finally found one! The following is some information that I found during the search that may help someone down the road:

There seems to be three versions of the RalliArt Cluster that fits into the VII-IX. The first eight digits of the part number are all the same, it seems like the only thing that changed was the last two digits of the part number.

Here are the three versions I have found for the CT9A platform:

RA951470S1 - This seems to be the VII Version with the E-48 Fuel Gauge and 50-125 on the Temp. Gauge. The S1 version came to market in October 2001 and ran until February 2003.

RA951470S2 - This seems to be the VII-VIII Version. It has the same markings as the S1, it is identical in all aspects. The S2 version came to market in late February 2003. I'm unsure of when it ended production but assume it was late 2005 due to the S3 version being released. Once I find actual end dates I will edit this post.

RA951470S3 - This seems to be the VIII-IX Version. The markings have changed slightly to E-Full on the Fuel Gauge but still retain the 50-125 on the Temp. Gauge. This was the last version of the cluster. Mitsubishi slowed production of RalliArt parts in general, especially the clusters because they weren't selling as well as versions S1/S2, resulting in less S3's in general. The S3 was the shortest run of all versions, only being produced for a year or so. So when you add all of that up and throw in the change on the fuel gauge, I believe these are for sure the single most rare RA Cluster. The S3 Cluster for the GTA came to market in September of 2005. I assume they produced the manual version for the GSR/MR at the same time, but I haven't found confirmation on that yet. I also haven't found a date were RalliArt officially ended production of this cluster, but I believe it was in late 2006. Once I find actual end dates I will edit this post.

At first when I was trying to find one I was under the impression that the different Fuel Gauge designs were for different countries, but now I don't believe that to be true as they were all sold from the RA Catalog and there doesn't seem to be any mention of country denomination. You'll also notice that the Fuel Gauges from Asia and the EU (and US for that matter, minus the MPH) are all the same in a stock Evo (excluding the FQ's) so this to me rules out the different country idea in itself. Not to mention they only made two designs, with the only change being the Fuel Gauge and the S1/S2 gauges were sold all over the world from 2001-2005 while the E-Full change came in late 2005 when the production of the S2 ended. So to me that makes it just a design, nothing more.

If you search around you'll notice there are a lot more S1's than any other cluster that come up for sale followed by the S2 and finally the S3. This only solidifies my thoughts on the S1 version being the most produced. Also, RalliArt did make a GTA Auto version of this cluster, it is a S3 version but I didn't look into much because I don't own an auto. If there is one cluster that is as rare if not more rare than the manual S3, it's the auto S3 as I'm sure there weren't many made and it was the last run of the cluster in general.

Either way you look at it these clusters are all rare, some are just more rare than others. With that said I love them all equally! LOL! I hope this little write up helps someone out, thanks for reading!

Last edited by .DoT.; Jul 21, 2014 at 08:57 PM. Reason: New information
Old Jul 19, 2014, 10:34 AM
Evolving Member

*** Changes made to the original post ***

Last edited by .DoT.; Jul 21, 2014 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Updated original post
Old Jul 20, 2014, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the info
Old Jul 21, 2014, 08:53 PM
Evolving Member

You're welcome surf! Thanks for reading man!
Old Jul 21, 2014, 09:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can you post pics
Old Jul 22, 2014, 04:41 AM
Evolving Member

That will take a little while.. I'm new to EvoM and I'm not sure what's required to post pictures.

But it's pretty easy to find a picture of one on any search engine.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 06:47 PM
Evolving Member

So I received my cluster the other day and found a couple things out that you wouldn't notice over the internet.

First: The cluster is not as white as it looks on the internet. It's like a Orange tinted Ivory, almost cream colored. The one thing I noticed about the replicas (which are actually rare also) is that they are WHITE. There is no Orange-Ivory-Cream color, so that will help you tell them apart if you don't know a lot about them.

Second: My cluster was manufactured in September of 2005. I actually believe the S3 version was only made in 2005 and not in 2006. I believe this because every other owner has mentioned that their manufacturing date was in September or October of 2005. I've yet to see another date stamp on the S3. So it may in fact be more rare than I had originally thought.

Third: This thing is really, really, really impressive. They may cost a bit, but over all, this is by far the corner stone of my Evo. I'm very happy with my purchase.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 05:17 PM

Is this plug and play? No need to calibrate anything? And the max rpms is at 10k
Old Aug 3, 2014, 07:21 AM
Evolving Member

Completely P&P!

The cluster is a KPH based cluster but there is a smaller scale underneath the KPH markings, which is the MPH scale. Contrary to popular belief, the MPH scale does in fact work correctly and is accurate without changing anything.

There have been some threads on EvoM about people flashing the cluster and clearing the mileage and somewhere in the ECU there's supposedly a way to convert the main scale in KPH to MPH.

I'm not sure if it works, nor have I tried it. I like the little scale because I can see it with my wheel tilted down and I couldn't see the stock cluster scale or the RA cluster scale with my wheel down. But the end story is the standard MPH VSS works fine, you'll just have to use the small scale if you don't want to get too technical.

One thing I didn't know is the ACD settings are different colors. High is green, Med. is yellow and low is red. Looks pretty cool.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 12:43 PM
LCS
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I'd like to get one, too. But those are hard to find.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

in for pics..
Old Aug 24, 2014, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

Been looking for a S3 version for a while now.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 11:19 PM
LCS
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Still looking for one of these or a 300 kph regular cluster.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 08:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the detailed write up but we need pics now!
Old Dec 27, 2014, 10:58 AM
Evolving Member

Well here's a blast from the past:

So now that I know how to upload pictures, here are the pictures I promised:

S1/S2 Version (they are exactly the same, both have E-48 on the gas gauge):

Name:  ralliart8.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  33.9 KB

Name:  ralliartcluster.jpg
Size:  73.6 KB

S3 Version (the only change is the E-Full on the gas gauge)

Name:  RalliartCluster.jpg
Size:  104.8 KB

Name:  ralliart2.jpg
Size:  258.8 KB

Name:  20141227_103738.jpeg
Size:  49.4 KB

Here's the Auto (Evo IX Wagon) S3 Version:

Name:  ralliart1.jpg
Size:  158.8 KB

And here's a few shots of the ACD settings and how the color changes when you select a different setting:

Name:  20141227_103805.jpeg
Size:  46.4 KB

Name:  20141227_103820.jpeg
Size:  44.5 KB

Name:  20141227_103855.jpeg
Size:  45.0 KB

Just to touch base on the fake RalliArt gauges; they're white, not orange-ivory/cream, they usually have a larger "RalliArt" emblem, they lack the small MPH nominations,
the gas gauge is E-F, not E-48 (S1/S2) or E-Full (S3, Manual & Auto), they usually have weird lines in the redline section of the tachometer and finally the tempature
gauge is H-C not 50-125 (S1/S2/S3) . They're pretty easy to spot, but just in case, here's a picture:

Fake RalliArt cluster:

Name:  ralliartfake1.jpg
Size:  69.7 KB

Hopefully this will help someone on their quest to find this elusive part.

Last edited by .DoT.; Dec 27, 2014 at 11:10 AM.

Quick Reply: RALLIART Gauge Cluster Write Up (small)