Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Buying an evo8

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2015, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buying an evo8

Ok I know this is a newbie ? But what do I look for and look at? It has 115000 and just did timing belt at 113000

Mods
ETS INTERCOOLER PIPING!
*ETS (GOLD) 3.5' INTERCOOLER!
*ETS INTAKE!
*MAPERFORMANCE 02 HOUSING W/ EXTERNAL GATE & DUMP!
*TIAL (PURPLE) BLOW OFF VALVE!
*HALLMAN PRO (PURPLE) MANUAL BOOST CONTROLLER!
*EVOLUTION MR GAUGES (BOOST, VOLTS, OIL PRESSURE)!
*5-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION!
*FACTORY ENKEI WHEELS IN BLACK FINISH!
*REAR SPOILER!
Old Jun 24, 2015, 09:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Hatchyboy91
Ok I know this is a newbie ? But what do I look for and look at? It has 115000 and just did timing belt at 113000

Mods
ETS INTERCOOLER PIPING!
*ETS INTAKE!
*REAR SPOILER!
Not to offend you but you are better off bring the car to a Specialized Evo shop. Not some dealership or Joe Blow one too. A place that builds these cars.... they will know what to do.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 09:51 PM

It is a dealer ship but they sell a lot of nice evo's and sti's, and z06 and stuff like that, I know what to look for on a regular car, but I wanted to know if there is anything special to look at or pay more attention to
Old Jun 24, 2015, 11:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Hotsauce101
Not to offend you but you are better off bring the car to a Specialized Evo shop. Not some dealership or Joe Blow one too. A place that builds these cars.... they will know what to do.
This. Best to have a shop that knows these cars look at it. A lot of these used Evos have been to hell and back. A shop that knows the cars will know what to look for since many things are just things you can look at/for when its on the lot.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Hatchyboy91

Mods
ETS INTERCOOLER PIPING!
*ETS INTAKE!
*REAR SPOILER!
Hi i just bought a evo 8 last monday had 89k..my advise is wats the cost of the car?if its $16k and up..dont buy it..but what to took for,im not a tuner but im a mechanic..do a test drive, ask if they can put it up so you can check the front end.(suspension)feel it if theres ply on the tie rod and ball joint..feel the transmission if its slipping and clutch if it deep..check all fuilds (coolant,powersteering (fuild should be clear)and transmission(fuild should be red)..undercar see if theres any leak..cause mine has a few trans fuild leaking,very small leak though..hmm what else did i miss..oh and remember its a evo,who ever owned dat before drove it like its the fast and the furious..just a heads up..but as a new owner of a used evo 8..i luv my car ill spend wat ever money i have to keep it running and make it last..hope this reply help u out..good luck..
Old Jun 26, 2015, 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by tougerallysport
Hi i just bought a evo 8 last monday had 89k..my advise is wats the cost of the car?if its $16k and up..dont buy it..but what to took for,im not a tuner but im a mechanic..do a test drive, ask if they can put it up so you can check the front end.(suspension)feel it if theres ply on the tie rod and ball joint..feel the transmission if its slipping and clutch if it deep..check all fuilds (coolant,powersteering (fuild should be clear)and transmission(fuild should be red)..undercar see if theres any leak..cause mine has a few trans fuild leaking,very small leak though..hmm what else did i miss..oh and remember its a evo,who ever owned dat before drove it like its the fast and the furious..just a heads up..but as a new owner of a used evo 8..i luv my car ill spend wat ever money i have to keep it running and make it last..hope this reply help u out..good luck..
You can tell he drove like Paul Walker also from the mods, lol
Old Jun 26, 2015, 04:33 PM

i agree with the cost