Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

how to delete MAF and TPS For newb...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2015, 03:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post how to delete MAF and TPS For newb...

Hey guys! so before I begin, I am new to working on my car so please bare with me... So right now I am in the process of gathering a few parts together to begin my build sometime soon, one of the parts that I want to purchase soon is this intake manifold (http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-...-919199106.htm), but the problem is that since it has got a Aftermarket 8mm throttle body, the factory TPS won't fit as stated. Hence why I need to remove it. So my first question is, what is involved in removing the TPS and how? Is there any way around it like somehow adapting it to fit the throttle body? If it helps I already do have a Haltech E8 ecu with my car.

My next question is that I want to make a new intake pipe due to upgrading my turbo, hence why I want to upgrade to a 3" pipe, but in order to do that, I will most likely need to remove my MAF. So my question is, what is required to remove my MAF and how? I have tried reading up some posts on the "Blow thru set up" and the "Speed Density setup" but its still slightly confusing for a novice like myself.

Thanks for helping guys, sorry if im not as knowlegable, just keen to learn and understand more about my car as I build it...

Btw, I have a Evo 6 if thats worth mentioning
Old Jul 17, 2015, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
For a speed density intake you need a coupler to fit the turbo, a pipe, and an air filter. Nothing to it at all.